• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Broken seamaster claps help !

ericb196

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
18/5/11
Does anybody know how to repare this ?

photo.jpg

Thanks for your help

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Been there before, your gonna need a new clasp, or some superglue (which will give over time and wont work very well), or buy some parts to repair this, or perhaps a watch repair guy can fit some new pins for ya. The clasp has always been the weak point in every rep Omega SMP watch, good luck.

Om3ga_guy

28/12/10
Canada
You could probably buy a new bracelet for $30...

Check the parts sale thread...

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Yes thats exactly what I would do, buy a new bracelet, thats if you get a dealer to sell you one, for some reason the dealers, some of them wont get parts, but do ask.

ericb196

Supporter
Certified
18/5/11
It's a friend claps for a 007 seamaster.
He decided to buy a genuine claps at cousinsuk (that is also more accurate because it includes the 007 on the claps. Hope it will work fine.

ericb196

Supporter
Certified
18/5/11
You are right... Sorry for my French-English..

correctime

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/5/11
A gen clasp makes all the difference in the world. AND if you have a 5th gen. 42mm PO a pair of gen 952 SEL's from ofrei WILL solve the big "gap" issue between the SEL and last bracelet link. That's 130.00 "well" spent.

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
I think he means the SEL's.

What about finding an appropriately sized pin, cutting it to length about 0.5mm over what's required, and then tapping the end flat with a small punch/hammer?

You will need three arms though, minimum......

correctime

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/5/11
Om3ga guy is correct... and looking at the invoices, I stand corrected. Ofrei has the gen clasp for 146.50 and the 1580/952 SEL's for 59.00 each, 118.00 for the pair. The gen tubes and pins worked perfectly on mine for the clasp and I used the gen tubes with rep pins to mount the SEL's to the bracelet. I used the bracelet pin removal tool to pull the rep pins/tubes, slightly crimped the gen tubes on each end, put them in the SEL's, slightly bent the rep pins to a more of a "bow" shape (for better tension) and used a small, hard plastic headed ball-peen to tap the in...no problem at all. I didn't have an issue with the length of the pins as I used the rep pins again. IMHO, the gen SEL's are a very nice upgrade as they completely eliminate that bothersom gap between the SEL and last bracelet link.
NOTE: the rep 2mm spring bars ( x 20mm) worked great and put the SEL's "very" tight to the case (lug to lug is perfect too, but so was the rep SEL's) but they took a bit more effort to get in.
I actually pushed one side of each springbar all the way in and squeezed the outer bar tube just enough to hold it in while using a small watch screwdriver to push the other side in and get it to spring into the case hole. Then slowly worked the other side spring lose and to the case...I needed to pry it back as the springbar pin was approx .25mm from lining up.But it went in fine and when they're in they ARE in...tight tight. I just thought I'd share what worked for me...and using a 10x visor loupe "really" helps me.

Fakemaster sells bracelets....just PM him.

Correctime, where are you seeing $130.00? The clasps covers alone are more than that...

http://www.ofrei.com/page666

And that's just the outside of the clasp, not the full assembly.

Search OME-117ST1580952 it's showing 146.50 per clasp