• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Broad Arrow purchase choice = please advise

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Last time I asked jay if this picture is from the actual watch, he said he's not sure....
...which isn't quite a good answer you'd expect to hear from a dealer......

omes001-2.jpg

As far as I know that specific version with lemania movt. does not have raised crystal like pictured above....(It's crystal is rather flat....not even raised a little bit)
..dunno why they would have that picture in that description...I find it misleading....

But if you HAVE to get either one of those, I'd say, get the one with asian7750 movt.....at least that one's decent looking rep of gen.....while the other one's wrong version of fantasy! :lol: :wink:

just my 2cents~

sixbennetts

Known Member
21/5/07
I'm curious about these as well, currently exploring Omegas myself.

I remember reading about how bad the older 7750's were with all the extra gears, does this watch suffer the same fate because of it?

I voted for the manual because that dern display back/movement is really working.

Post your pics when you decide, OK?

brep

6/6/07
The extra gears issue applies to both old and new 7750s with the secs @ 6 - which this does not have. That problem shouldnot be an issue.
-B

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
OK, let me put it this way....

On this page... http://www.silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1257

Except for those pictures with "white" background....others are from different watch.

This paticular version does not have OMEGA logo on the back of it's movement....and also does not have the raised crystal...

What you see isn't always what you get....

vdubpower

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/06
aargghh this sucks

let me ask u, jiro and bytor, the watches you have, are they fantasy of genuine, meaning, was the genuine ever a NON date/manual
Is it 40mm or 42

I tried on a gen today, seemed to be 42, atleast the size of my navitimer
it had date and was auto
i noticed in both rep versions, that the 3 and 9 markers are wrong tho

i gotta get in touch with this silix and see whats up

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
The picture on Silix is wrong. I asked him few months ago if the crystal was flat or doomed and he told me it was flat. The Subdial don't have the concentric pattern neither (as he said)

So the real nice version is OOP for good.. Happy to have mine :lol:

Edit: Easy trick to tell the "first good version" vs the other is the Omega marking on the movement. If it's not there, it's not the one Bytor reviewed. There is 4 version of it.

1. Bytor one
2. Mine, which is just like bytor, but without the "Automatic" marking on the dial (it's actually better since it's manual :D)
3. The one with flat sapphire, different hand, different dial and no Omega marking on the movement
4. The one silix sell which is like #3, but with different dial without concentric pattern on subdial (worst version imo)

vdubpower

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/06
bytors subdials arent concentric either?
on his review his 3 and 9 markers are short

as with all reps it seems

i guess the Q is to rather buy a lemania or 7750, either way im gonna not get the right domed glass

what about diam , 40 or 42

sixbennetts

Known Member
21/5/07
brep said:
The extra gears issue applies to both old and new 7750s with the secs @ 6 - which this does not have. That problem shouldnot be an issue.
-B

Thanks, brep! You just saved me from clogging things up with another post.

'preciated.

Donny

vdubpower

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/06
siilix just send me 2 pics of the manual version, i will ask him to send me a side view too

the dial does differ from jiro.bytors, but i reckon havin g a more reliable movt is better than the 7750

gliptopolis

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/10/06
I've been eyeing one of these myself...the thing that always jumps out at me is the subdials. They're too far apart which causes the hour markers at 3 and 9 to be too short. The centerline of the subdials is off in 2 directions. Then there's the issue with the crystal. That's another dead giveaway to anyone that knows these watches. It really sucks that the makers can never get everything right at one time. They'll improve one thing and screw up 2 more.

My inclination at this point is to just go with the manual and live with it. I'll order one soon, I guess, but I'm not really excited about it. I think I might wait on you and see how happy you are with yours first :wink:

Looking at the pics you posted, I noticed a pubic hair on the six oclock subdial. I wonder if that costs extra...

sixbennetts

Known Member
21/5/07
gliptopolis said:
Looking at the pics you posted, I noticed a pubic hair on the six oclock subdial. I wonder if that costs extra...

Nah, I vote cockroach leg. Any other guesses?

vdubpower

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/06
here is a pic of the side view, no domed glass, i guess its practically impossible to get the domed version enelss bytor or jiro are selling

so as my initial question is, is it better to get this lemania asian version or the 7750 version, both with their repective flaws

austin870

Known Member
15/5/07
They both have significant feature flaws. The Lemania/ST19 is a MUCH more reliable movement, even if the 7750 is not doing seconds at 6:00. I would hate to get a fairly flawed watch and have it be unreliable too.

scooterboy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/8/06
my expirence is: i have the speedmaster moonwatch with lemania and the watch runs since one year perfect,

i did order two watches with asia 7750/28.000 and the had problems with selfwinding!

in to the future i dont buy watches with asia 7750

i hope this will help you!

cheers
jürgen

sishac

Known Member
5/2/07

Well, just to play devil's advocate...I have a 7750 version that I bought from a fellow member about a month ago.

Yes, it has the improper subdials, yes, it has a pure white dial instead of the gens more creamy white...but so far it seems to be keeping pretty good time and I find myself sneaking a peak at it many many times a day because it is simply so stunning. The previous owner had installed a genuine Omega domed crystal and its on a genuine vintage Omega bracelet as well.

Would I like it if it was the manual version...sure, I like a manual movement, but my big problem would be that it says "Automatic" on the dial.

So how will the 7750 hold up (mine has the seconds at 9, not 6)? Who knows....hopefully it will run well for a long, long time. I'm still in the market for a manual wind chronograph, but this is an automatic, so I'm very happy with it so far!!!

magagne

Known Member
28/7/07
I voted for the 7750 because the gen BroadArrow have a DATE on the layout, so this watch will not be a good rep if there's no date. If you don't care about this details, and you can live without a date, go with Lemania, reliability speaking only, I vote for a Lemania even if it's a 21k instead of a 28k bpm.

V

magagne

Known Member
28/7/07
scooterboy said:
my expirence is: i have the speedmaster moonwatch with lemania and the watch runs since one year perfect,

i did order two watches with asia 7750/28.000 and the had problems with selfwinding!

in to the future i dont buy watches with asia 7750

i hope this will help you!

cheers
jürgen

Agree with your point, but alas, there's a lot of watch on the market that need/use a 7750 layout, and swiss is more expensive. I can live without automatic mvt, manual is more "authentic" than automatic IMHO. I have a gen speedy moon, and LOVE to give a few shot on each morning, and if you forgot, too bad, the watch will die (well, you have a power reserve that can live on two days). Manual need a little more "attention" [smilie=binkybaby.gif] and that give a little charm to them.

V