• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Broad Arrow comparo WB needs you help.

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
I am thinking of buying this watch from a member. He tells me this version is somehow different from Silix's version.

Pictures for you to judge. I need your input.

Silix has this one for $240.00

This member says he bought iot for $400.00 and asking $300.00
Claims it is the "Lemania movement and has correct sub-dial spacing."

The $300.00 version

The Silix $240.00 version

Maxlove

29/6/08
I know nothing except that the subdials on the Silix watch do not look like they have the indentations. So.. the dial is very different.

Also Silix doesn't have engraving on some parts of the movement.

Wish I could be more of a help.

Seems like for $60 more you have a better look.

brtelec

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
I can not tell much about the movement, I am not expert. I have had a couple of different speedmasters and I can tell you this, the indentation of the subdials does not make a bit of difference. If some one can actually spot that, the horrendous subdial spacing will give it away from 20 paces. I ended up selling every Speedmaster and my PO chrono because I jusr could not stand looking at it.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Buff to my eye that is no Lemania, it's a chingchong dingdang all the day long. I have been wrong before. :D

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
it's a chingchong dingdang all the day long. I have been wrong before.
-whoo I got a chuckle.

So the subdials are wayyyy off compared to the gens. i have been seeing 2 dial versions one with indented subs and ones without which is more correct?

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
watchbuff said:
-whoo I got a chuckle.

So the subdials are wayyyy off compared to the gens. i have been seeing 2 dial versions one with indented subs and ones without which is more correct?

WB, see if Bytor can chime in on this. I am going to look at my Omega book tonight. I don't want to steer you down the wrong path.

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
To my knowledge NO REPS have ever come with a true Lemania movement. What that is in the Speedy BA is a Seagull movement that is a copy of the Lemania movement. I've never seen it advertised as anything but "Lemania", though.

Real Lemania movements are Swiss made and are expensive, more expensive than the ETA/Valjoux chrono movements.

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
Has anyone said copy

'Vemus' movement....

Life is Good!

Klink

:mrgreen:

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
watchbuff said:
-whoo I got a chuckle.

All the sub dials on the current broad arrow models are sunken in my Omega catalog. I think Hooly and Klink are on to something. No Lemania, clingchang yingyang.
:D not that there is anything wrong with that.

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
R2D4 said:
... :D not that there is anything wrong with that.

Nope, not at all. The Seagull st-19 chrono is a renowned workhorse movement.

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
Got an Omega rep question? Well, did you read this first?

All explanations are there, and links to the reviews of this particular watch.

The rep in your picture is the newer sapphire (not as nice, imho) version of the Broad Arrow. All Speedmasters (except the date 7750 version) have wrong subdial spacing, because like the guys said, the movement in the reps is Seagull ST-19. Very good Chinese chronograph movement, but it's not even a Lemania copy... actually it has absolutely NOTHING to do with Lemania... it doesn't even LOOK like Lemania... just like Huyndai has nothing to do with Mercedes. I don't know why dealers continue to mislead people with this description though... but saying it's "Lemania" is a bald faced lie.

The RWI review of this particular watch (older model) is here.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Sorry By-Tor but I don't read english too well. :wink:

Thanks Buddy. :D

iwcforme

Known Member
5/6/08
My understanding is that the Seagull ST-19 mvmnt is similar / same as the Venus mvmnt and if i am not mistaken didn't Venus buy Seagull? i think I read that somewhere recently...

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
The real differance between the two is silix is selling the new flat saphire rep, the other is the older domed crystal. I like the domed crystal better. but neither is really accurate, and both look really good.

they are both seagul copy movements.