• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Brietling Navitimer Fighter

jamesk

Horology Curious
30/12/14
Hi all,

My first replica watch and I'm absolutely delighted. I always wanted a Navitimer but only made up my mind what type from seeing another one posted here. My mind was made, it had to be a fighter with the black face and I really wanted a brown strap. So I read around and contacted Lucy based on their feedback here. Here is a brief synopsis of my dealings.

4th Jan 2015. First contacted Lucy via pm on this forum
Numerous emails followed confirming what I was after, I never once heard a "no", or "we can't find it". Lucy was persistent and had a "can do" attitude!
13th Jan, Lucy confirmed a factory had it in stock and outlined the price including shipping. Final price 278USD including shipping.
14th Jan, went to WU office locally. Had a little bit of trouble as Lucy only provides the city as their address, but some more emails back and forth and another trip to the WU office and I persuaded the teller to let it go. Later that day Lucy confirmed it all went through ok.
16th Jan, Lucy emailed me some nice QC photos and told me this version had the Breitling Logo printed on the dial, not stuck. I didn't really mind as it looked great regardless. I OK'd the order and Lucy began their phase of testing over a few days, a concept which I think is absolutely fantastic;

Jan 20th, Lucy informs me that during testing they noticed some dust on the dial. Lucy got it sorted locally, no need to go back to factory so no problems.
Jan 22nd, Watch is shipped
Jan 23rd, Given the tracking number with EMS
Jan 30th, Watch arrives. Well packed and looking beautiful! Below is my crappy attempt at photography. I read the sticky about it but I'm still rubbish.

Conclusion;

I can't recommend dealing with Lucy enough. I wanted a very specific watch with a specific strap and they tracked it down. Replies to emails were almost instant and always polite. Not including 2 Pm's, there was 25 emails for this transaction.

One thing that would be useful is a simple guide to wind and set the watch. Lucy explained by email but it was a little hard to follow the instructions given that English wouldn't be their first language. I did find the information on the forum.

I also noticed the spring pin on the clasp is coming apart a bit easier than I'd like and actually resulted in the watch falling off my hand in the pub...doh!. I'm sure its a minor thing I can get done locally so not too worried.

Cheers,

James

Rotador

I'm Pretty Popular
28/9/14
Congratulations, it's a very nice watch.

Good pictures, by the way.