• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Brew Metric Max Gold

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
pros
-neo vintage look
-Fits super nice
-subdued brushed gold, just enough bling for the job
-nice shape. like an hybrid between a Nautilus and a vintage Daytona (if that makes sense 😅)
-dramatic taper of bracelet
-quasi integrated bracelet
-snappy pushers and crown
-low beat mecaquartz (can be a con for some but I chose it because of this)
-invisible logo

cons
-split pins for links adjustments 😳
-marks where the clasp lock (can't see how to avoid that)
-bracelet links tolerances iffy
-i would have liked some text on the watch for balance
-side profile could have been more streamlined, with some mirror polish

Now, for the same price VAT included, I could have bought a VSF or Clean which would have had a higher build quality.

Conclusion, it's worth it if you buy in the US. With shipping, import duties and local FR VAT, it's less of a good price/value ratio. It was in contention with a gold Tissot PRX 35mm quartz.

All in all, I am quite happy with this. It is a perfect second watch when I don't want to wear a rep but I want some curiosity looks on my wrist 😁

Last edited:

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Beauty. kinda.

To me it's like panerai.
Certain angles make it look so nice, then you see the profile and it's like wtf why

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Beauty. kinda.

To me it's like panerai.
Certain angles make it look so nice, then you see the profile and it's like wtf why
agree

I compared it to a vintage gold Daytona 6241, it does give a bit of that...but the profiles of that Daytona is absolute perfection from any angle, so the Brew can't compete with such a classic.

It does have that steampunk look though that I like. It's the watch a modern Phileas Fogg would wear. 😁

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
agree

I compared it to a vintage gold Daytona 6241, it does give a bit of that...but the profiles of that Daytona is absolute perfection from any angle, so the Brew can't compete with such a classic.

It does have that steampunk look though that I like. It's the watch a modern Phileas Fogg would wear. 😁
Nope, he'd wear a Patek Calatrava Pilot GMT.

Reactions: Karbon74