• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Diver screws now $15 at torobravo.

jmicro

11/12/08
Small rant. I ordered screws from him in may at 10dolares each. Which seems a little high but whatever. I needed them. He took two months to send them out. Now I need more screws and suddenly these little screws are $15 each. That's 120 a set. Who else sells H Factory bezel hex screw sets.

masmannan

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/2/13
It sure sounds high price.

Angus at PT said the effort to source parts is the same effort as to source a Rep. The profit on parts is much lower than selling a whole watch.

I suppose if you don't like the price of the screws go elsewhere. TDs aren't some sort of charity.

You may want to post a WTB or buy a broken Diver from M2M should one appear.

Good luck in your search.

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
is that price the complete 3 piece set or hex screw? i try in past ask mickey make these but he said no demand and high order amount. all dealer now ask buyers get watch same time parts

masmannan

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/2/13
I paid $20 for 4 AP screws for strap attachment. That was last year with PT. I can see I got a nice price back then.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
It is actually more complex and time-consuming for dealers to get parts than to source fully-assembled watches. Plus the factories have a hard time releasing some parts (for new watches, pretty much all dials are not released, etc.) If you break something on an AP sec@12 there really is not much other option than "paying the piper" as Archie Luxury likes to say The Chinese hands are different tube size than ETA hands, some ETA parts do not fit into the movement without modification, etc. etc. Where it gets crazy is when you pay more for a rep part than for a gen part.

torobravo

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
2/5/10
Parts apart of being difficult to get are expensive. It took a month because it takes time to get them. We buy from the same source and I doubt somebody can do this better.

The effort to source part is big because no factory is interested in selling parts due their high MOQ and high price they don´t invest in aftersales service too much.

valante

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/13
Parts apart of being difficult to get are expensive. It took a month because it takes time to get them. We buy from the same source and I doubt somebody can do this better.

The effort to source part is big because no factory is interested in selling parts due their high MOQ and high price they don´t invest in aftersales service too much.

The man has said it.

it is true is a headache for them to get it and the price is also arent cheap.

toro is one of the good guys for me. a stand up guy.

phoucku

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/11/12
Well each dealer is different I guess. Got my last 5 to 6 watchs from an ex TD. Got my dad a rose gold 15400 for his b-day, told him to get the watch water proof and the watch smith lost one of the front bezel screw. Told my dealer about it, ask if he could do me a solid. He told me he will get it for me, 6 weeks passed nothing came, so I figure no luck there. And about 7th week, a full set of screws front and back came in the mail free of charge. Every dealer is different.

limpflink

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/6/14
just found out my diver V6, one of case back screw is lost... arrrrgh...
how could it just drop out.. :wyliehelp:

any TD got spare screws ?