• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jubilee bracelet

Quick_Build

Known Member
25/4/17
Having had both, the Alpha is a far better quality bracelet than the Raffles. Both need a good oiling to be acceptable though.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Having had both, the Alpha is a far better quality bracelet than the Raffles. Both need a good oiling to be acceptable though.

I'm quite happy with the sterile Alpha. I'm having the Raffles inbound in this written moment. Will compare than. I'm told the Raff is about the same as "Ali Express" quality.
I might swop clasps at one point.

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
at the end of the day, nothing beats the feeling of the gen jubilee - in my opinion the difference is night and day

rep jubilee feels like some dull nails being wrapped around your wrist because some parts of the bracelet they can feel a bit sharp (but not as sharp as knife.. that would be suicidal)
gen jubilee looks shinier and has a silky smooth texture which is very comfortable - the finishing is also very different and the bracelet is tighter with less rattle

But for the price difference between a moderately modern genuine 62510h jubilee (1990+ ones for $700 USD) vs Raffles ($40 USD).... the savings are huge and there has to be compromises

Reactions: hogletta

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
at the end of the day, nothing beats the feeling of the gen jubilee - in my opinion the difference is night and day

rep jubilee feels like some dull nails being wrapped around your wrist because some parts of the bracelet they can feel a bit sharp (but not as sharp as knife.. that would be suicidal)
gen jubilee looks shinier and has a silky smooth texture which is very comfortable - the finishing is also very different and the bracelet is tighter with less rattle

But for the price difference between a moderately modern genuine 62510h jubilee (1990+ ones for $700 USD) vs Raffles ($40 USD).... the savings are huge and there has to be compromises

You are not wrong my friend!

pompompurin

Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
You are not wrong my friend!

look forward to your opinion on Alpha vs Raffles!

also, all of the raffles and cartel replica clasps are sh!t - they are a bit fatter than genuine ones and they only have 6 micro-adjustment screws whereas the gen clasp has 7

i think only yuki supplies higher quality vintage rolex bracelets, but they are far more expensive

btan

Renowned Member
11/10/09
You can AliExpress and get lucky. I did 1 out of 3!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick_Build

Known Member
25/4/17
I'm quite happy with the sterile Alpha. I'm having the Raffles inbound in this written moment. Will compare than. I'm told the Raff is about the same as "Ali Express" quality.
I might swop clasps at one point.

Raffles does at least get most of the markings in the ballpark, the end links and clasp are marked correctly enough for my tastes. I've long been debating buying an Alpha bracelet to swap my Raffles endlinks and clasp onto. The Alpha bracelets do pop up on ebay cheap from time to time, I just missed out on two that sold for less than $20 each. Retail is $30/ea from their website.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
UcxSc9Y.jpg

$10 from eBay. Feels cheap and light but is comfy on the wrist. Looks ok as well.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had the pleasure of inspecting a GEN Vintage GMT yr.day - The watch had a GEN jubilee ( hand brushed in Thailand ) and looked amazing.

But the feel GEN vs REP was extremely prominent. New eBay / Raffels / Alpha REP jubilees er junk compared to a GEN used Jubilee. I was not aware the huge difference. Further more the GEN vintage case , crown, crystal, dial, hands supersedes that of any "vintage" BP. Buying stock vintage REPs are a waist of money if you want to look GEN. You will need a custom case as well as crown, crystal, dial & hands.

UDTMIKE

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/5/17
I've been hunting a source for a jubilee myself. Thanks for the link.

pompompurin

Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had the pleasure of inspecting a GEN Vintage GMT yr.day - The watch had a GEN jubilee ( hand brushed in Thailand ) and looked amazing.

But the feel GEN vs REP was extremely prominent. New eBay / Raffels / Alpha REP jubilees er junk compared to a GEN used Jubilee. I was not aware the huge difference. Further more the GEN vintage case , crown, crystal, dial, hands supersedes that of any "vintage" BP. Buying stock vintage REPs are a waist of money if you want to look GEN. You will need a custom case as well as crown, crystal, dial & hands.

Haha yea, my rep jubilee feels terrible compared to my gen. But is the gen jubilee you have compared stretched?

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Haha yea, my rep jubilee feels terrible compared to my gen. But is the gen jubilee you have compared stretched?

Yes it was stretched, but not too much!! The biggest issue was the steel grade, whereas Rolex won hands down.

pompompurin

Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
Yes it was stretched, but not too much!! The biggest issue was the steel grade, whereas Rolex won hands down.

I am glad you got to try a gen one, the rep one is really bad in comparison. Genuine jubilee feels really nice and it smoothly wraps around your wrist. The rep one is very rattly and loose, and it feels sharp with a dull shine/ finish on.

Also, I measured the rep and gen jubilee using a digital caliper and found out that the rep jubilee has longer middle links than gen, which can change the look and shine slightly (but the difference is like 0.4mm if I recall).

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
I am glad you got to try a gen one, the rep one is really bad in comparison. Genuine jubilee feels really nice and it smoothly wraps around your wrist. The rep one is very rattly and loose, and it feels sharp with a dull shine/ finish on.

Also, I measured the rep and gen jubilee using a digital caliper and found out that the rep jubilee has longer middle links than gen, which can change the look and shine slightly (but the difference is like 0.4mm if I recall).

Thanks for sharing brother!

pompompurin

Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
Left = gen (look at how reflective and shiny the middle links are!)
Right = rep

Replica jubilee's middle link's vertical length

Genuine jubilee's middle link's vertical length

Reactions: Hazyville

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Left = gen (look at how reflective and shiny the middle links are!)
Right = rep

Replica jubilee's middle link's vertical length

Genuine jubilee's middle link's vertical length

Huge difference, miles apart!!! Thanks for posting pics.

bubu77

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/4/16
EUROPE
best Jubille is from riyi if you want an older style bracelet with hollow endlinks