• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bracelet problem

miz@r

Renowned Member
16/7/10
Hi I just get my UPO but some of the non removable links are kind of loose.

I attached a pic to let you know wich ones are.

Please really need help with this one.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here is the problem

Here is a video

[ame]http://img717.imageshack.us/i/ifu.mp4/[/ame]

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
As for the gap, have you tried tapping them into place? Just use a plastic mallet, and tap then down, while resting them on something non-marring. It should close that gap.
The non adjustable links are pressed together with pins between. looks like those links just weren't pressed on fully ;)

miz@r

Renowned Member
16/7/10
As for the gap, have you tried tapping them into place? Just use a plastic mallet, and tap then down, while resting them on something non-marring. It should close that gap.
The non adjustable links are pressed together with pins between. looks like those links just weren't pressed on fully ;)

The links came out when i move the bracelet. Then i press them and they make a click and fine. But then move the bracelet again the same story.

:S

I did not fully understand the tapping thing.

Now the pints of the non removable link are out. Like there were unglued. :(

RaymanS41

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/12/10
Those things are just held together with pressed in pins. The problem with your bracelet looks like poor fitment between the pins and the links. It could be the pin or the hole that is out of spec. No way of fixing this because there needs to be movement between the links...can't just loctite it in there.

I would try hammering it in like Yesterday said and see if you can get it to sit a little more snug. You might also see if you can move the removable links around to where you can take the loose link out. It looks like it was the first link after the removable one. If you pull hard enough on the loose links, they'll pop out.

sixbennetts

Known Member
21/5/07
OK, what you have there are pins that are not supposed to come out, and they are. See, if you took that all the way apart, you would see a knurled area at the end of the pin, sort of like the handle of a small metal screwdriver. They press-fit these bands together, and sometimes tolerances are off a bit. If it were mine, I would take it apart and stake the end of that loose pin a bit so it would be tighter when you press it back together, then reassemble with either epoxy or CA glue.

miz@r

Renowned Member
16/7/10
Now they are all out :S

There are like the breit pints but without the screws just the pints. They just do not stay in.

Here is the image of it.

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
No put a dab of super glue on the 2 protruding tips, and press/tap them back together. That's what I did. Just don't gen any on the part of the pins that the corresponding link rides on, because it will cause the 2 links to be rigid.

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
Super Glue? I'd not try it, personally.

You could try blue Loc-Tite for some holding power without the complications derived from misapplied glue.

It worked for me on a troublesome Panerai bracelet.

Just my $0.02 USD.

miz@r

Renowned Member
16/7/10
I glued the head of the pints that goes into the end part of the link. Very carefully and seems OK.

Now I'am searching for a replacement SS bracelet.

Thanks for all the help

sixbennetts

Known Member
21/5/07
Did you stake the head of the pin a little first? Keep a close eye on it 'til you feel it's gonna hold. Glad we could help!

miz@r

Renowned Member
16/7/10
I can tell that the links are moving freely. But I do not want to shake it to hard. Or even try to pulled out to see if it glued hard.

If not I will try a more powerfull glue.

sixbennetts

Known Member
21/5/07
It'll probably hold for a long time. If you REALLY wanna make sure it never comes off again, remove the bracelet from the watch and lay it flat, bottom up. Us a very sharp center punch to knock a small divot into the underside of the link right in the middle of where the pin is. It'll look like hell from the back but that will in essense, "squeeze", the stainless steel of the endlink around the head of the pin.