• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bracelet on Ultimate PO

BWL

Horology Curious
10/1/07
I just purchased a Ultimate PO and was wondering how good these bracelets are compared to the gen, particularly the clasp. When handling it, the edges feels sharp. Are the Gens like this? Would filing and sanding be a good idea?

JOEJOEJOE

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/06
BWL said:
I just purchased a Ultimate PO and was wondering how good these bracelets are compared to the gen, particularly the clasp. When handling it, the edges feels sharp. Are the Gens like this? Would filing and sanding be a good idea?

I hear the new bracelets are really good.

BTW, is your screen name in any way related to BillWallLeather?

Joe

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
My bracelet open once or twice / day by itself, you can fix this easy by opening the claps and bending the spring a little.

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
i also think the ultimate PO ss wristbands are very very good and high quality....unbeatable for the price...
mine never opened by itself !!

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
Mine broke in minutes. I had to perform a McGuyver repair.

ps. Yes, my dealer is sending a replacement, but there's no rush thanks to the p0w0rz of my table-vice, hammer and dremel.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
my 45 has been perfect so far. the 42 clasp was very hard to push the buttons to release it. a small amount of lubricant and it has worked perfectly ever since. 8)

seraphe

Renowned Member
9/10/06
The clasp on mine comes off once in a while, when my wrist expand from the warm weather. A simple bending of the spring on both sides with a screw driver through the hole fixed the problem. No need to open up the clasp.

BWL

Horology Curious
10/1/07
There is no concern with regards to the clasp opening and closing, but the feel of it. The edges feel sharp and scrape your skin when you put it on. Are gens like this?

And I don't know BillWallLeather.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Nope... Omega bracelet are pretty comfortable on the wrist. On the genuine, you can expect no sharp part. Hmmm, I am not aware that Omega PO 45mm or 42.5mm has sharp bracelet.

Novesh

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/06
Pugwash said:

Ditto, except McGuyver wouldn't have been able to fix it.

I ended up buying a rubber strap off the bay, I love it.

kinneyrhs

11/2/07
Novesh said:
Pugwash said:

Ditto, except McGuyver wouldn't have been able to fix it.

I ended up buying a rubber strap off the bay, I love it.

Nov - got any pics of yours on the rubber? I'd love to see it as I have been thinking bout this upgrade for a while!

SteveG

29/6/06
Bracelet on the new 45mm is one of the nicest I've seen on a rep...maybe the new Breitling BCE is better, but very close tie