• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bp Gmt new 16710 , should i change the insert?

sombra

Renowned Member
19/7/13
Sweet Cali baby / Conus
Hey peeps!
Just pick this up from @malibu73 but insert looks a little off to me what do you think?
Should i change the insert to coke or black ?
Which one fit

Or should i sell the watch?
I really like it everything is nice just the insert not sure🤔

rolex4me

often nice, sometimes evil😜
Supporter
10/4/16
To me the red looks a little off , like pinkish
OK, I noticed that too.
But as @Reaps already said, the watch isn't that bad for the price and I wouldn't invest any more money.
Wear it for a while and if you still like the watch, you can sell it here (at a small loss) and then buy a better representative (at a TD).
I wish you a nice weekend.

ps. The CG would bother me more personally😉

sombra

Renowned Member
19/7/13
Sweet Cali baby / Conus
OK, I noticed that too.
But as @Reaps already said, the watch isn't that bad for the price and I wouldn't invest any more money.
Wear it for a while and if you still like the watch, you can sell it here (at a small loss) and then buy a better representative (at a TD).
I wish you a nice weekend.

ps. The CG would bother me more personally😉
Thank you you guys are absolutely right just did a repolished oil bath to bracelet and feels way better even the bezel 😂👍

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Yes, I wouldn't have an issue with that Bezel Insert, they are always controversial in the "Pepsi" colours, but still nice enough watches.

I find they change hue a bit in different lighting, agree with the others, it's nice enough as is and can always upgrade the watch at a later date, but if your like me it will probably take root in your collection (y)

Reactions: sombra

rolex4me

often nice, sometimes evil😜
Supporter
10/4/16
I think your insert is a rep version of a fuchsia insert. Quite pricey if it were gen.
I think if it was a fuchsia insert it would be even more pink.
But it could be quite possible that they wanted to clone the fuchsia.

Reactions: Dave2302

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Like many less expensive reps, the BP GMT inserts are not gen-spec in diameter so take heed when looking for a suitable replacement.

Gen
~30.6mm x ~37.65mm

Many reps
~30.6mm x ~37.5mm

A gen-spec insert will not fit into many rep bezels without sanding down the outer perimeter which can eat into the numbers or cause the numbers to be off center high.

There are plenty of acceptable aftermarket inserts made with the smaller rep OD - just pay attention to the dimensions.