• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP 3800 Nautilus - mods?

dancraig

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/8/18
any update on this one?
A TD said they could get it for me. 188$ which is the base price. I don't have the cash currently, willing to try it out for the rest of us ? The TD is well known, shoot me a DM and I'll send you proof and their email.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
A TD said they could get it for me. 188$ which is the base price. I don't have the cash currently, willing to try it out for the rest of us ? The TD is well known, shoot me a DM and I'll send you proof and their email.
It would be a terrific project with a gen dial and a re-worked and thinned case. Not sure if it's possible though.

Reactions: toni123456

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
I was able to find a 3800 watch case from BP along with dial and hands etc but am missing two screws.

Ideally I’d like to replace the dial and hands for something a bit more accurate as the bright green isn’t comparable to gen.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
I was able to find a 3800 watch case from BP along with dial and hands etc but am missing two screws.

Ideally I’d like to replace the dial and hands for something a bit more accurate as the bright green isn’t comparable to gen.
There are gen dials listed on C24. 😁

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Yeah given the price and the modding required to fit an A2824 I think I’m gonna paaaaassss
Yes, Patek is a quite expensive fine watch brand 🤣. Btw, what is the thickness of your watch? Do you think it can be made thinner?

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
I’m no expert when it comes to thinning but it feels already very thin.

rickyman94

Known Member
21/10/17
I went down this rabbit hole a few years ago and ended up modding mine with a gen dial and datewheel. Unfortunately, the case isn't worth the expense of modding, and if I knew all that I know now back then I might have refrained from the project entirely.

I haven't found anyone to completely reshape the case for me, and I'm not sure I'll ever get to it myself, but tbh until they make a new version of the 3800 I'd stay away from the BP

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
I went down this rabbit hole a few years ago and ended up modding mine with a gen dial and datewheel. Unfortunately, the case isn't worth the expense of modding, and if I knew all that I know now back then I might have refrained from the project entirely.

I haven't found anyone to completely reshape the case for me, and I'm not sure I'll ever get to it myself, but tbh until they make a new version of the 3800 I'd stay away from the BP
That's awesome though! Could you share a pic of your build?