• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bought my first rep. What do you think? (beware its a sub)

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
takashi said:
Those bezel inserts look really good. Worth the money for less than 10 bucks.
Funny. Look at my photo ... That's the Bezel insert I installed after my Pearl fell out. :D

Same seller, same bezel insert. You can see the quality in my pic, although I used serious metal glue to retain it.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
takashi said:
Is the glue necessary or just as added extra protection?
On reflection, mine didn't come with instructions or anything, so it may not be the same one, but the pics used look awfully, awfully familiar. :)

Glue was because I reckoned glue was needed. This is my Nubmariner. It's going to be abused.

bam rock

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/4/06
Hey again everyone. So now you guys are sucking me in even more with this sub?? I'm going to need another job to support this nonsense ;) Now this aftermarket bezel if you can really notice a difference is certainly worth the 15$ shipped. That's a really fair price. But what is different about it? Just a higher quality bezel? I've heard people talking about mod'ing something and the bezel clicks nicer. I know I'm not being very specific here but I remember a post saying that it had a nice click to it after the mod. It's something similar to this do you think?

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
bam rock said:
But what is different about it?
For me, it wasn't missing a Pearl. :D

Watches%20-%2038.jpg

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
bam rock said:
I've heard people talking about mod'ing something and the bezel clicks nicer. I know I'm not being very specific here but I remember a post saying that it had a nice click to it after the mod. It's something similar to this do you think?
Not at all. The Nubmariner has 120 amazing little clicks, all anti-clockwise. The bezel insert that is being mentioned here is a replacement for the standard part in case you get your Nub checked water-resistant and decide to swim in it. It may look better, too, but it's over 10% of the cost of your Noobmariner. :D

Roeod4

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/3/06
bam rock said:
Hey again everyone. So now you guys are sucking me in even more with this sub?? I'm going to need another job to support this nonsense ;) Now this aftermarket bezel if you can really notice a difference is certainly worth the 15$ shipped. That's a really fair price. But what is different about it? Just a higher quality bezel? I've heard people talking about mod'ing something and the bezel clicks nicer. I know I'm not being very specific here but I remember a post saying that it had a nice click to it after the mod. It's something similar to this do you think?

The main reason people replace the bezel insert on thier Rolex rep is beacsue most of the ones that come on the watch are wrong. The font can be wrong and most of the time the pearl is really really wrong (too flat, sit too high, too thick, etc). A new bezel insert will fix that and make your watch look more accurate.

The bezel clicks that you refer too is a mod done to the watch to make it feel more gen. Not really a big deal as most people never use/touch/turn their bezel anyway.

bam rock

8/4/06
LOL...
Pug I can definitely understand why you changed yours :) So this will basically do two things:
1) Increase the likelihood of water-resitance to the watch (which I'm still skeptical about after reading these forums I think I'll just keep them out of the water. Who wants a watch band tan on their wrist anyways?!)

2) Improve the accuracy because the font and pearl are closer to real.

That sounds like it might actually be worth it. Of course I think everyone is after the most accurate rep they can find and at 15$ that's not really a big investment. BUT...pug does have a great point in saying its over 10% of the original investment. And will anyone really recognize the difference besides me? Probably not. Hmmm....decisions decisions. And I didn't even receive the watch yet! I'm hooked...

brian_05

Known Member
16/3/06
OK, I know I remember brJoe saying something about a lip on the underside of the bezel needed to be filed/sanded down for a gen/aftermarket bezel to fit on a rep . . .

B

ken72

Renowned Member
19/3/06
Re: Bought my first rep. What do you think? (beware its a su

bam rock said:
But I also think that 99% of the world will look at my wrist and think *cough cough* fake. And they'd be right. But that's fine, at least they're still looking at my wrist ;) Anyways I decided to get Andrew's SS black sub here:

believe it or not most people have no idea what a rolex submariner is. Even if they know what a Rolex is. The ones who think its fake dont know the difference. The ones who care will just stare at you wrist untill you start to stare back at them, and this watch will fool anyone from the wrist. 99% of all those people dont own a rolex to know either way. From my experience the ones who own the real deal just compliment and move on. They could care less. The only people who are not fooled are the people of this board since we stare at blown up photos of them all day long.

remixed

23/3/06
Well...I bought a very nice watch from Joshua, but the fact is the pearl fell out after a month and then after a while the glue fatigued on the bezel insert and it too fell out. Josh said he would replace it and I'm still waiting. Although the fonts and pearl are a nice upgrade, I just wanted an insert that worked like the original. I bought a few inserts and took the pearl from one and glued it on another that looked better. After putting it together, it also came unglued. This one required no glue and looked good. The pearl has a nice glow and no shaving was required on mine. Nothing is more embarrassing than having your bezel roll across the bar as you talk to your friends. :shock: It'd be great if the reps here came with these as a standard item. I would be willing to pay extra for a watch with an insert like this. Again just my 2 cents.

strat22

24/3/06
I recently purchased the $108 Black Submariner from Andrew and I have a question.

When clicking through the datewheel, I noticed that the "14th" date is missing some paint. It looks like when they were making the datewheel, the machine messed up and left the 4 in the 14 slightly incomplete. My camera doesn't have a macro function, so I can't get a picture, sorry.

I really like the watch and I wonder if I'm being too picky.

Would you recommend that I contact Andrew about the datewheel or just shrug it off? Is it something that I could fix?

Should I just wait until the Asian movement stops and worry about this when I have to replace the movement?

Roeod4

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/3/06
strat22 said:
I recently purchased the $108 Black Submariner from Andrew and I have a question.

When clicking through the datewheel, I noticed that the "14th" date is missing some paint. It looks like when they were making the datewheel, the machine messed up and left the 4 in the 14 slightly incomplete. My camera doesn't have a macro function, so I can't get a picture, sorry.

I really like the watch and I wonder if I'm being too picky.

Would you recommend that I contact Andrew about the datewheel or just shrug it off? Is it something that I could fix?

Should I just wait until the Asian movement stops and worry about this when I have to replace the movement?

Or you could just wear another watch on the 14th of every month. :D

Seriously, flaws are anoying, but you have to keep in mind that these are reps. It really all depends on how much it bothers you. If it is a huge deal to you then contact Andrew and see what he is willing to do.