• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black SMP bracelet help???

longshot

Known Member
20/5/06
Just before I left on vacation I picked up a black SMP from Joshua. Sadly it had the crown tube drilled and installed crooked in the case and I knew the crown would never be right. So I sent it back and he sent another that should be waiting at the post office tomorrow when I pick up my mail :D

It seemed to be a pretty good rep and actually a bit more accurate in some ways than the blue Bond SMP (I had a gen of the blue a few years ago and it never really did it for me) but the bracelet just had me stumped?????

I've sized almost every rep and gen bracelet and have the right tools, but I just cannot figure out the Speedy style bracelet on the black SMP. It does not seem to use screws, but there are no arrows on the back to show the direction to push the pins out???

I would really hate to have to take it to a watchmaker just to size the bracelet, but I've searched and can't find instructions??

Anybody know the trick or have a link :oops:

OldeCrow

I'm Pretty Popular
13/4/06
they are solid pins that will press out either way.
there is a collar in the center link that is crimped to create the press in tension on the pin just don't loose the collar and you will be fine! :D

longshot

Known Member
20/5/06
Klink said:
http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7279&highlight=smp+bracelet

Good Luck!

I found that link some time ago, but the black SMP does not use the same bracelet as the blue :wink:

See pic...

longshot

Known Member
20/5/06
thelawnmowerman said:
its the same as the PO , press them out either side

Both my 4th gen P.O.'s used split pins that would only go in one way and had directional arrows marked on the inside of the bracelet, and were easy to adjust 8)

So far this one is harder than a Tag Link or a Seiko OM/BM or even my VC Overseas or FM Conquistador!

The pin and screw bracelet tool I have would not even get the pins all the way out :x

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
darn!

luck be yours

knowledge also...

:D