• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Rubber Strap with Orange Stiching for UPO

njcurrie

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/8/07
Can anyone provide some guidance about where to find one reasonably? I checked out the gen on Ofrei's site but $169 for the rubber seemed a bit high (of course if my PO was a gen then I might think differently). With all the strap makers we have on the forum can anyone tell me if you know of anyone "repping" the strap?

Thanks in advance.

njcurrie

10/8/07
Re: Black Rubber Strap with Orange Stiching for UPO - UPDATE

Looks like Silix carries the strap I am looking for and he has it for $30. Anyone have any comments on the quality I can expect on this?

vejaman

1/11/06
Just be aware that the strap on Silix is leather not rubber. I was just looking at the rubber strap last week at an AD and was surprised at how much it actually felt like leather. So, if you are going for the look and feel of the gen, go with the leather from silix.

straight_six

Horology Curious
27/3/06
Re: Black Rubber Strap with Orange Stiching for UPO - UPDATE

njcurrie said:
Looks like Silix carries the strap I am looking for and he has it for $30. Anyone have any comments on the quality I can expect on this?

I got it and it's not rubber. It's not leather either, or if it is, I'd like to see that animal... Anyway, I bought it for my black UPO and I can tell you it's an ugly combo. Strap is thin, tapers too much and the clasp feels cheap. Your mileage may vary

Dean

njcurrie

10/8/07
Thanks for the opinions. I have the black UPO with Orange Numerals so I thought the orange on black might work. I think I will look at some of the members on the boards doing strap work to see if I can get something a little higher quality. Anyone know where something closer to the gen strap can be found for a decent price?