• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black pvd coat robustness on B&R reps

DanH71

Horology Curious
12/7/16
Hi all.

as it says anyone have experience of this?

im looking to buy https://puretimewatch.io/br-03-92-pvd-black-dial-gray-markers-on-black-rubber-strap-miyota-9015.html

and want to know how well this coat stands up to everyday use. Don’t really want to buy something that is gonna start showing the steel base material after a few knocks..

any experience on this watch or similar PVD coated rep watch from Puretime would be helpful..

while I’m here, if there is no picture or mention of Lume on hands or face markers can I assume there won’t be any?

thanks in advance for any help on these matters.

F80

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/8/17
Cant be any worse than the gen PVD coating. My daily is a gen BR01-92 heritage and its quite worn on all of the sharp edges.

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
The quality of the pvd in these reps are usually very good. I don't have experience with this particular one. But it would not be any of my concern.

I can imagine there's no lume in this one. And if there is, it would be very weak. The gen only has lumed hands by the way.

If you order this, pay attention in the quality control if the dates are aligned reasonably. (Not centered date is very common in all these models)