• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BK equivalent for Omegas..?

ddc

Renowned Member
20/6/11
I am starting to fall crazy in love with UPOs. Rolex has BK... So who does Omegas? In my opinion, the pearl issue is a BIG tell since in almost all UPOs I've seen, is out of place...
So... Who is omegas UPOs answer to BK? Or who can build an ultimate omega franken (at least with minimum fixes, which to my understanding, without going hardcore, you only need to fix the pearl and the crown stem issue)..

slimslim

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/10
i think a gen bezel on a UPO would get you pretty close. it's easy to see flaws in a still macro photo. in the hand (we don't all have great eyes or carry a loupe) or on the wrist it is much harder. in my eyes anyway. there was a stock upo (i think) that was posted on a gen fora a few months ago. many of the gen owners were fooled. i think there is a thread about it here somewhere.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Where do you live?

If in EU ........Fine dd

If in US .........Pbdad (RG modder, I have never used him but plan to someday)

I would recommend one of our repair watchsmiths bit they don't do the crown tube milling.

i think a gen bezel on a UPO would get you pretty close. it's easy to see flaws in a still macro photo. in the hand (we don't all have great eyes or carry a loupe) or on the wrist it is much harder. in my eyes anyway. there was a stock upo (i think) that was posted on a gen fora a few months ago. many of the gen owners were fooled. i think there is a thread about it here somewhere.

That was a 5TH generation PO (5GPO) 42mm. The UPO is 45.5mm.

ddc

Renowned Member
20/6/11

Well, I guess I collect to fool myself, not other people! :)

slimslim

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/10
Where do you live?

If in EU ........Fine dd

If in US .........Pbdad (RG modder, I have never used him but plan to someday)

I would recommend one of our repair watchsmiths bit they don't do the crown tube milling.

That was a 5TH generation PO (5GPO) 42mm. The UPO is 45.5mm.

i love all the acronyms that we make up ;) i had not seen this one before (5GPO)