• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bezel question.

luckie

19/12/11
Will a gen SMP 42mm fit the rep SMP 42mm without any issues? I lost the insert in my Blue SMP and figured what the heck why not just replace the whole bezel with a Gen one. Any thoughts on this? I haven't seen any SMP bezels for sale other than the gen ones. I know a lot of folks don't like the gen pearl but not having one at all is worse. LOL. Just banding about ideas. would love to hear your ideas and thoughts as well.

luckie

19/12/11
You have to take the bezel off to fix the insert? If so that's whay I;m think going gen.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Go gen! Look the ebay, they throw them all the time... I have seen some frankens with gen bezels so i suppose it could be done.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Many have used that dealer, especially for planet oceans inserts. Its good quality but as you say the pearl is a little bit high.
Generally that dealer is a hit and miss, you may get a better one than the pics but you could also get a worst one.

navik

Supporter
Certified
13/8/11
Many have used that dealer, especially for planet oceans inserts. Its good quality but as you say the pearl is a little bit high.
Generally that dealer is a hit and miss, you may get a better one than the pics but you could also get a worst one.

Ah, ok. I guess I'll wait a little bit to see what's the quality of the insert on my rep when it arrives. Do you perhaps know if it fits the rep without an mods to the insert?

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I don't know about smp, but at the planet ocean it fits with a little sanding (at mine). I have read some members though that it was a straight swap.

navik

Supporter
Certified
13/8/11
Sounds good. I might just give it a try :)

Thanks for the info

luckie

19/12/11
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEZEL-INSER...ultDomain_0&hash=item27ba4dfd6b#ht_4136wt_982

This one is an insert for the Omega Seamaster 2220.80 model. It's not gen, but to me it looks ok. However, I do not have the "professional" eyes as many of you have :)

Maybe the pearl is a bit "too high"? Anyone that has any experience with this dealer from ebay and know whether it will fit a replica of this model?

Thanks you guys!

Is this for the SMP or the PO? what about tis one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/17062939786...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_4157wt_1185

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
The Seamaster Professional diameter is 41mm

Ebay has used ones all the time. You will also need the retaining clip and click spring. The bezel dimensions in most cases is the same (note it varies based on the SMP rep model), but the actual bezel construction is different. You cant use the rep retaining clip and click spring with a gen bezel.

You could always buy the bezel and just use the gen insert. It fits perfectly with a little sanding on the underside...

GL!