• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bezel differences?

luckie

19/12/11
I have a Gen SMP Bezel and it's not like what I see as far as the Bezel for the PO. there is a retaining ring that is separate from the Bezel and a spring that is tucked away in the Bezel itself. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how this works. I hate to take the one off the one I wear to find out, anyone have some words of information for me on this subject, perhaps a diagram? LOL
The retaining ring has some raised points on one side and one raised point on the other side. I'm guessing that point is the one that fits in the hole? Then does the Bezel just click into place over the ring? I'm having a hard time figuring this one out. I've looked at some old threads and pictures but none show it being changed. One on You tube is just crazy, the guy takes it off and snaps it back on. Truly confused.

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
I've had two variations of SMP bezels:

1. I've had bezels that had the exact same click spring, and bezel construction as gen

2. I've also had a bezel where instead of a gen style click spring, it was a wire...similar to what you see here in By-Tors post...http://www.rwg.cc/topic/4509-complete-omega-seamaster-bond-moddingadjustment-guide/

12bezel.jpg

My FrSMP-007 actually appears to be the same as the rep By-Tor is reviewing...

On both variations of bezels I refer to above, the bezel retaining wire is what holds the bezel intact to the case. I've seen these wires come in two thicknesses...note the wire snaps and fits into a groove in the case

luckie

19/12/11
Mine has a ring instead of a wire. The ring has 3 tabs on one side and one tab on the other which I guess is what is supposed to go in the hole on the case and then I guess the Bezel snaps down on that ring. ???????????Dunno

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Bezels have always confused/baffled me! Wish I could help.

luckie

19/12/11
Perhaps I am missing the wire? Maybe I'll try on just replacing the insert instead. LOL