• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Beyeler service dial for Bubbleback? Fake BB?

Bidibou

Looking Around
9/11/23
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum so please let me know if this is not the right section to post in.

I am currently looking for a gen Rolex bubbleback but I am struggling to find one with an original dial.

I have come across this example from a dealer in switzerland with a « service dial » (according to the seller) with the name of Beyeler dial maker on the back of the dial.

Does this dial looks genuine to you? Do you know if Beyeler made service dial for BBs? I know the were famous for their submariner dials.

I don’t mind a service dial, but I rather want an « authentic » one.

Also, the serial number between the lugs have been removed… which leads me to the following question: do you know if there were fake bubleback cases?

Thank you again for your help!

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Yes, Beyeler was a supplier, along with others like singer. Get a movement picture. The lack of engravings is concerning, but could be a heavily refinished case. The engravings between the lugs do get worn down over time depending on the bracelet or straps it's used on.

Bidibou

Looking Around
9/11/23
Yes, Beyeler was a supplier, along with others like singer. Get a movement picture. The lack of engravings is concerning, but could be a heavily refinished case. The engravings between the lugs do get worn down over time depending on the bracelet or straps it's used on.
Thanks! So in your opinion it is possible that Beyeler supplied service dials for bubbleback?

Here are pics of the movement

Reactions: Storm.

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
It actually has engraving. If you look closely you will see the beyeler all over stamp they used.