• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best way to get on Rubber straps?

luckie

19/12/11
I have been trying in vain for a few hours to get some rubber straps on a 42PO, but I just can't seem to get the pins lined up at the same time. Anyone know of a trick to this? I had to change the bracelet out as one of the links just won't stay together near the SEL's.

frodostar

I'm Pretty Popular
7/10/10
dont stop moving baby................wiggle wiggle..........wiggle wiggle.............
get one end in then try pushing pin with tool against the rubber toward case, make small corrections it will go it just takes practice!

ajs914

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/07
The only one I've had problems recently with was a rubber Seamaster rep strap on to a 45mm Planet Ocean (Silix special). I think the strap would have to be trimmed for it to fit correctly. I even resorted to bending the spring bars but the cheap spring bars I have didn't take well to the bending and one popped off. Maybe it would work with some higher grade swiss spring bars.

The same strap though fit great on a Sub.

luckie

19/12/11
I still haven't gotten them on. I do have more punture wounds to my fingers now though. LOL

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Luckie, you need to bend your spring bars. There's a pair of pliers you can buy that's made just for this, otherwise take a pair of regular pliers and give your spring bars a light curve. It always works...

luckie

19/12/11
Luckie, you need to bend your spring bars. There's a pair of pliers you can buy that's made just for this, otherwise take a pair of regular pliers and give your spring bars a light curve. It always works...

I'll try that today. I couldn't figure what the heck I was doing wrong. Thanks. I'll report back my results.

Om3ga_guy

28/12/10
Canada
Yeah you need to go really easy on the bars when bending them. You may end up just snapping them in half or altering the way the spring inside function.

Bomba

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/08
LOL... I just gave up on this and swap between leather and bracelet now.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Rubbers can definitely be difficult to strap on. It's a very tight fit and you'll need to be patient and gentle, lest you damage the rubber or the head itself.
Good luck....

.... and get your mind out of the gutter! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boostin20

8/9/10
USA
dont stop moving baby................wiggle wiggle..........wiggle wiggle.............

wiggle.jpg

9k=

luckie

19/12/11
Got a leather strap(gen), it went on great and looks great. LOL I'll try the rubber strap on another project.