• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best Omega Seamaster/Planet Ocean for 50 usd?

leovincezx

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/7/12
Hi!
I am totally new with replicas and I am thinking of getting one.
Which is the best Omega replica I can get for around 50 usd or less? What is the difference compared to the more expensive ones (230 usd)?
:)

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
You can get a 45mm PO from Silix for $29.99 + shipping which is pretty much the cheapest you can get. It's crap.

jms1977

Known Member
22/6/12
Hi try narikaa I've got one and it's superb alot of people on here also impressed with the porikka :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

TQDG

9/3/12
I am totally new with replicas and I am thinking of getting one.
Then don't cheap out on your first one, it'll ruin the experience for you. The best experience I've had with a (relatively) cheap rep was the $128 Ultimate Sea-Dweller from Trusty, but I consider it the exception, not the rule.

Which is the best Omega replica I can get for around 50 usd or less? What is the difference compared to the more expensive ones (230 usd)?
Difference between a cheap one and a good one? Build quality, finishing, accuracy of the replication, and attention to detail. Pretty well what you would expect for paying a little more.

Another vote here for the POrikaa from Narikaa. I can't speak specifically to the feel in-hand, but I've been pretty impressed from the photos I've seen from other members.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I'd vote on the DG 5GPO. It's only $135 and looks so close to Gen.

Compare the bezel teeth to the POrikaa. ;)

leovincezx

8/7/12
Thanks a lot for all the answers. Great!
Some need to tell me tho what all this things means:
narikaa
porikka
stan at wbk time
$128 Ultimate Sea-Dweller from Trusty
DG 5GPO
bezel teeth?

ajs914

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/07
Looks good for $35. The silix watches are cheap though. They are powered by the cheapest version of the 21j movement. The bracelet may not be very good but these silix specials can be good daily beaters on a better strap.

All that said, a $135 5th gen planet ocean from Trevor will a way better watch in every respect.

TQDG

9/3/12
Thanks a lot for all the answers. Great!
Some need to tell me tho what all this things means:
narikaa - One of our 'trusted dealers' on the forums.
porikka - Narikaa's Planet Ocean offering which has been nicknamed the POrikaa
stan at wbk time - Again, another trusted dealer.
$128 Ultimate Sea-Dweller from Trusty - A Rolex Sea-Dweller rep offered by Trusty Time, who is not a trusted dealer on this forum but on one of the other forums so many of us here frequent. I mentioned this to give an example of a time when I have had a good experience with a 'budget' rep.
DG 5GPO - Fifth generation of the 42mm Planet Ocean rep.
bezel teeth - The teeth on the watch bezel, which is the thing you turn around the dial, the thing with the numbers on it.
My answers in red.

leovincezx

8/7/12
Looks good for $35. The silix watches are cheap though. They are powered by the cheapest version of the 21j movement. The bracelet may not be very good but these silix specials can be good daily beaters on a better strap.

All that said, a $135 5th gen planet ocean from Trevor will a way better watch in every respect.

My answers in red.
Thanks alot :)