• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best dealer for Richard Mille?

no124

Horology Curious
28/5/22
Depends which model you're after. Different dealers sell different models, although I'm sure most of them can get any model that is still available

Okay I guess I’m just looking for the dealer that has the closest to 1:1 or to an actual RM gen

Mayor_McCheese

29/4/20
Brisbane, Australia
Okay I guess I’m just looking for the dealer that has the closest to 1:1 or to an actual RM gen

To the best of my knowledge there aren't many close replicas to RM gens, compared to other brands like Rolex or Patek. I guess mostly because of the skeleton movements which are hard to make 1:1 copy of. Other people might be more knowledgeable than me though :)

nikos1974

29/11/10
Any rep RM would be very convincing just because nobody around you has ever touched or seen the gen in person LOL

Last edited:

Basetop

Horology Curious
29/5/22
i have the same question mate... where can we order the best quality RM :) there is always the closesed one :D

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Would you say the outside is bad or are you talking the internals?
Both. The internals are nothing like a real rm movement. The cases are to thick. Screws too big, proportions in general are wrong.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Just wear the watch if you like the style mate.
Every dealer vom TD List can source them.
ZF is stated to be the most accurate factory.
Parts from GEN can be applied, so cant be THAT bad.
But you will always find a nitpicker. the good thing on this watch is, almost nobody seen a GEN, so how can they see difference:D

Reactions: TESLA760

ALDS522

Horology Curious
27/4/22
If you're after the latest version of the 35-02 or 55 (ZF), Li/Jtime has been great at getting them. The 35-02 was delivered and very happy with it. The 55 is in route and hopefully delivered within the next 2 weeks...

no124

Horology Curious
28/5/22
If you're after the latest version of the 35-02 or 55 (ZF), Li/Jtime has been great at getting them. The 35-02 was delivered and very happy with it. The 55 is in route and hopefully delivered within the next 2 weeks...

Would you say the looks of it look 1:1 to genuine? I know the internals are off but the outside looks wise.

Reactions: FineRolexFan

ALDS522

Horology Curious
27/4/22
I think it’s pretty damn close. The movement is a big tell, but the Likelihood of you running into somebody who knows the watch well enough to call you out is marginal - if that’s what you’re going for. The newer versions case dimensions are significantly better than the older versions and almost Gen spec. I would venture to say on the wrist it would be extremely difficult to tell. But remember you’re comparing a $700 rep to a $450,000 Gen.

no124

Horology Curious
28/5/22
I think it’s pretty damn close. The movement is a big tell, but the Likelihood of you running into somebody who knows the watch well enough to call you out is marginal - if that’s what you’re going for. The newer versions case dimensions are significantly better than the older versions and almost Gen spec. I would venture to say on the wrist it would be extremely difficult to tell. But remember you’re comparing a $700 rep to a $450,000 Gen.

I guess im just worried on getting called out on it lol.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
I guess im just worried on getting called out on it lol.

If this is a real concern you may never be happy with the replica. As you may be conscious that it is a replica and expect to be called out. Then it feels like a self fulfilling prophesy and you may unconsciously draw attention to your wrist adornment. Personally I do not care and if some one calls it out I will gladly state it is a replica and bore them to tears about reps and horology for the next hour lol. Then again I have been wearing reps for a long time and the only question I ever get is "is that real?" to which I gladly reply "No". Then I bore them to tears about reps and horology for the next hour.

The bottom line is very few people know their watches. Plenty of people wear fakes. Some even have the gen in their safe. If you are getting called out it is by someone who knows a lot about watches and in that case they would usually be polite and not mention anything. Or some loud mouth who thinks they know something about watches. Neither of the above would bother me. I have seen one case where someone called out a genuine Rolex 1680 because it did not have a uni directional bezel and did not look like a real Rolex. In other words the caller outer had no knowledge whatsoever about vintage subs and he was only trying to brag that he had a boring 116610LN. Not a thing to do to a watch geek lol.

In the case of an RM, if you are in the company of people who potentially have an identical RM model then do not wear a rep or actually do as they may also be wearing a rep and have the real one in the safe lol.

Reactions: StanM and johnlogan

ALDS522

Horology Curious
27/4/22
I agree with what C Master just said. You become even more cognizant of the the fact that you’re wearing a rep if you’re trying to pull it off as Gen. Enjoy it for what it is. If, however, they come out with the clone movement, then I tell you it will be much harder to call the rep out. Even the minuscule difference in the movement with the Gen requires you having to be Gen in hand right next to the damn thing to see the differences. But they haven’t released the clone movement yet if they even do. There’s a consciousness of guilt that your trying to pull off a rep especially when there are Gens in the surrounding vicinity. Lol…. One thing is true, I’ve met people who have sadly suckered into buying clones and they were non the wiser. They rocked it like it was a gen and no one questioned it. It’s all about optics I guess. Perception is everything.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I have the ZF RM55. I wore it to my son's championship Pony League game and one of the parents who plays in the NFL recognized it. He walked over and said " nice bubba" , gave me a fist bump and walked away. I don't walk around concerned with being called out.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
I have the ZF RM55. I wore it to my son's championship Pony League game and one of the parents who plays in the NFL recognized it. He walked over and said " nice bubba" , gave me a fist bump and walked away. I don't walk around concerned with being called out.

I was having "afternoon tea" in the lobby at The Mandarin oriental in Dubai. On the table next to me sat two white dressed Arab gentlemen with their black dressed bodyguards occupying the other tables . Both white dressed gentlemen were wearing large gold size RM watches. Once they conclude their meeting one addressed me in perfect British English referring to my RM035-02 ZF. "That is a very nice pieces, looks great"
My reply was "Shukran, I like your RMs as well" Th other Arab replied " Yes I like it, its a limited addition"

If one is not looking directly into the missing "pumping heart" of the RM they are very hard to call out across the room. Even up close.

Reactions: StanM and TESLA760

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I was having "afternoon tea" in the lobby at The Mandarin oriental in Dubai. On the table next to me sat two white dressed Arab gentlemen with their black dressed bodyguards occupying the other tables . Both white dressed gentlemen were wearing large gold size RM watches. Once they conclude their meeting one addressed me in perfect British English referring to my RM035-02 ZF. "That is a very nice pieces, looks great"
My reply was "Shukran, I like your RMs as well" Th other Arab replied " Yes I like it, its a limited addition"

If one is not looking directly into the missing "pumping heart" of the RM they are very hard to call out across the room. Even up close.

^THIS

Reactions: johnlogan

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
And as usual the biggest tell is the person wearing the watch. If your income and lifestyle don't match the cost of the watch, then people will always wonder if it is a rep. If you're making an average salary, live in a normal house or apartment and drive an average car, it's gonna be hard to pull off a 300k RM. Even if you were to inherit a gen one, people would think it's a rep

Reactions: StanM