• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best budget PO with good AR?

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
I'm trying to find a nice budget A21J Planet Ocean. One of mine has pretty good AR... I bought another from Stan (WBK), and the AR is really colored/pronounced. WBK on the right:

IMG_3688.jpg

IMG_3687.jpg

Who else has a nice budget PO with pretty good AR like my other one? It almost seems like a crap shoot on what dealers can source.

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
Rob, the gen PO (until the most recent version) HAS really blue AR. I didn't know if you knew or not.
planetocean06.jpg

dan_j

5/11/10
Rob, do you know if WBK PO has double AR? I would like to get one with a nice AR coating as well.

Daniel

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
Rob, the gen PO (until the most recent version) HAS really blue AR. I didn't know if you knew or not.

I had no idea...hmm. I still prefer the "disappearing crystal" AR though, even if it's gen-inaccurate :D

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
Rob, do you know if WBK PO has double AR? I would like to get one with a nice AR coating as well.

Daniel
WBK's does not have double AR. I'm pretty certain that NONE of the watches with blue AR are double AR. It would be kind of pointless. ;)

dan_j

5/11/10
WBK's does not have double AR. I'm pretty certain that NONE of the watches with blue AR are double AR. It would be kind of pointless. ;)

Oh right since double AR would mean no blue-ish tint. Gotcha :) Thanks MrY

Daniel

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
Oh right since double AR would mean no blue-ish tint. Gotcha :) Thanks MrY
Exactly. If a rep had double BLUE AR I would imagine it would be nearly impossible to see the dial in certain lighting conditions, as well.
No problem :)