• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best 42mm PO lume

matto

I'm Unknown!!
27/9/12
Was just wondering what the best lume 42mm replica available is. I've been looking at the ultimate version (from puretime) but I've heard mixed reviews on the lume on the ultimate version. I'm just looking for the basic black/white version.

I also have looked at the one from trevorreplicawatch and not sure which is better. Accuracy of the replica isn't an issue for me, I just want the best lume possible.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
The latest version has a standard lume. Not a very good one.

If you want a very goo lume you will have to do a relume job or get a gen dial...

Here are some comparison photos by Wiz.
Gen dial on the left.
Rep dial on the right.
Relumed dial on top.

DSC_2804_zps6a1dec62.jpg

DSC_2800_zps8db82a19.jpg

matto

I'm Unknown!!
27/9/12
I've seen a Ziggy from Canada (where I am from as well) that does relumes. Does anyone have his email or know of anyone else in Canada or the US that does relume jobs, and how much it would cost?

ajs914

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/07
I've noticed that on my 42mm PO the markers during daylight are off-white and yellowish. Is this due to the rep lume or the blue AR on the crystal, or both? I'm wondering if reluming fixes this or if you need to go for a better AR job.