• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Belkin Fantasy build - Radiomir SS polished case with black gloss Eilean dial

Feefo

CEO, Vaselume (TM) Corporation
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Where do I start. Approximately 3 years ago I was a strict dress-watch guy. Watches had to be thin and simple and already 40mm were at the very limit. I also liked tool watches, especially those with a military background, big fan of the dirty dozen watches. Then I fell into the rabbit hole and my tastes began to evolve with centrifugal force. Until one year ago I still used to tease @P..DR..D for his "frying-pan" watches. Then we met in Prague and I remember trying a couple of his PAMs and I was surprised at how small they wear. You can't capture that in pics, in pics they still look huge, but irl they look quite good. That was the point when I said "I need a PAM".
Further nudges came from the eyecandy, @Ah0rsey 's was one, there was another one I really liked because of the stark contrast between the polished steel case and the dark dial. Then @daytona4me and @g00n also pushed me to Belkin.
Still, I had the question "which PAM"? I wanted my first to be a Radiomir, and I had my own ideas about it so it would be a fantasy model.
The idea behind the design is a crazy one. I wanted to combine the toolish/military aspect of Panerai with a dress watch design. So my sick mind came up with this concept: What would James Bond wear if he was a pre WWII Italian 007? A dress watch with military heritage. It was quite clear in my mind it had to be a Radiomir with polished case and a classy dial, something that would work with a black tie. And here you go: Eilean black gloss dial in Radiomir polished SS case and pencil hands.

Needless to say, dealing with @Belkin12 was a pleasure, he was very patient with my technically noob questions and provided support to my ideas, and finally perfectly translated them into this beautiful piece.

Last edited:

P..DR..D

Legendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Bravo, looks class 👏

Well wear & welcome aboard 💪

• Love
Reactions: Feefo

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

• Love

DarioM6611

‘Good fences make good neighbors.’
Patron
6/8/23
Italy
It's absolutely stunning. I love Panerai; but for now, I have only purchased VSF clone from TD or M2M. And a cheaper but also good one, from repossessed. I see sometimes a Belkin in M2M, and one day I will buy one. That's for sure.

CF_Stan

CF/FC, ZrO2, PVD/DLC STupid fAN
Patron
Certified
14/6/23
UK
Looking good mate, glad your pleased with it. Trust you to try and make a PAM into a dress watch. 😂

• Love

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
That is a sexy watch, bro! Well done. So happy you jumped into Belkin builds!

• Love

Cubatobaco

Horological Specimen
Supporter
Certified
24/6/24
VA
Just getting around to see this. That is gorgeous!!!