• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Being happy w/ a $75 rep... Tutorial (not really...)

muzi

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/1/08
Came home today tired as hell to find a pleasant little package from milesd (thanks for packing the watch properly!).

000_0005.jpg

No AR/ the bracelet isn't the best/ mineral crystal/ rocky second hand... I love it!

I can't tell how much I love the watch... When I got my PAM 111h (which I'm planning to sell now) it felt nice but it didn't give me the feeling I was hoping of getting what I had waited for.

I've had a bias for the seamaster for about 2-3 years now so it was essential that I pick up a WBK rep first.

This will definitely be my daily beater and hopefully I'll get the gen in the future...

Also for you with eagle vision... you will notice there is no pearl. I wore it for 3 hours around the house and the pearl dropped out somewhere. It was a POS to begin with so I'm probably going to fill it up with something (like that pearl fix for noobmariner).

I hope everyone has a rep that makes the minor nuisances of this hobby worthwhile.

doctorron

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/07
I have long said that the cheaper reps that look and run good really bring true happiness. You know too.. everytime I loose something small around the house it turns up in a week or two. Nice watch!

cldjsc

Looking Around
5/6/08
Hello Muzi and RWI in general,
I've been lurking here for a month but this seemed like an appropriate time to chime in. Before I became interested in reps, I got one as a gift. My sister was travelling through Beijing and a co-worker helped her pick out a watch for me.
I've worn this SMP everyday for almost two years. I don't know what movement it has except that the second hand ticks 6 times per second. As I've come to learn more about reps I've feel like I got lucky with my sister's choice. Never had any mechanical problems... the watch has about a 30-40 hour power reserve. I've scratched the bracelet and crystal to hell, but they have stood up much better than I would have thought.
One thing that Muzi brought up: after a couple months I lost the pearl. What is the Rolex trick/method for replacing it?

Thanks all! Love this forum.

SMP2.jpg

Oversaturated photo in direct sunlight!!
SMP1.jpg

The lume isn't really as bright as it looks, but it looked so good once I brought it in that I decided to share.
SMP3.jpg

captainjz16

4/6/08
Your post made my think about my own watches. I just got into the rep world by ordering a 111h. I used to have a family member in the jewelry business, so watches at 40% off were a great deal. At 19, I decided to buy my first gen, a maurice lacroix sphere that turned out to be a terrible investment seeing they are floating around for a few hundred dollars on ebay. I quickly got tired of it, and ordered a gen seamater, my first true love. I had always wanted one and had been drooling over it for some time. Its been my only watch for the past 4 years and it basically never comes off my wrist. Now that my family member has retired, I no longer have the discount available to me so I'm hooked on reps. I hope I'm more happy with my 111h than you were.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
cldjsc said:
One thing that Muzi brought up: after a couple months I lost the pearl. What is the Rolex trick/method for replacing it?]

Welcome cldjsc...I've had a WBK SMP for almost two years now and I wore it today as a matter of fact. It has been a fantastic watch and especially for under 100 bux rep. I replaced the bezel insert on it which improved the looks. But as far as beater watches, it's a good one.

Omega002Small.jpg

OmegaSmall.jpg

muzi

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/1/08
What is all this talk about the He valve being mis-aligned?

Anyone have a visual comparison to show...

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
On this piece, the He Valve is located exactly at 10 o'clock. On the gen, it's slightly above 10. Dead giveaway:
DSCN6789small.jpg