• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Been scared to pull the trigger on a Rolex 126610 LN VSF

Krazylegs5150

Getting To Know The Place
27/5/22
Naples, FL
Hello all. I have been a member since May, and I was a bit naive to think that in just a couple of hours I could do a bit of research, put down my credit card, and have an amazing piece of artwork on my wrist in a couple of weeks. After spending dozens of hours of research, I am still scared to pull the trigger! If I could get some guidance, that would be great! I have 2 TD's in mind (Puretime and IntimeWatch) , but a recommendation would be great as well. One of my concerns in sending payment via Pay-Pal to an unknown person that I am telling Pay-Pal is a trusted Friend. So how do I do this? Do I place the order, then post in the forum that I made an order to a certain trusted dealer, wait to hear in the forum that the TD as acknowledged my order in the forum, pay the unknown person that TD has instructed me to pay, wait for conformation of payment in the forum and QC pics, post QC pics in the forum and wait for opinions? Confirm the QC picks are good. Wait for Watch to come in the mail?

What markings should I be looking for in QC to be certain it is VSF?

Thanks for your help. I look forward to hearing from you guys.

emdeevee

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/13
Southern California
Don't worry, we all popped our cherry at some point! All TDs are reliable, thus the "T". At least you obviously know that it can be a smooth or difficult process, hopefully you get smooth.

You are buying a pretty well liked watch, so I think it's time to pull the trigger.

P..DR..D

Regendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Welcome to the forum,

The T in TD stands for Trusted & that is not only a difficult designation to obtain, but I suspect even harder to retain. Constant member feedback alerts both the site, and other members, about their interactions. Members will be both positive and negative in their feedback.

I imagine thousands of transactions are done annually with both of the TDs you've listed. But the decision as to who to go with, is yours alone.

Go with the one you feel comfortable with, after reading thtough their feedback.

Only ever use the contact details from their forum page (never ever google them)

There is a huge thread on VSF watches:

As well as other threads on the watch you've chosen. It's a very popular watch, have one myself, as do many other members across the forum.

So if the TD says they are selling you a VSF126610LN, that's what it is and that's what you'll get. They're not going to risk their reputation, and standing on this forum for $500.

Follow whatever the TD says regarding payment method.

But just a few housekeeping tips re QC

And this one was written by the Bossman, so...

Bottom line is that you don't ask for opinions, as the only one that matters is yours, and you will get flamed if you post QC pictures without a specific concern, as its against the rules.

So in summary:
  1. Choose the watch (done)
  2. Choose the factory/version (done)
  3. Choose the TD (24 to choose from)*
  4. Send payment
  5. Approve the QC photos
  6. Wait
*Regarding TDs, my advice would be to also check shipping costs and also their first order refund/replace policy, in the case of customs seizure/loss, as not all cover it.

Also, note that if you pay by credit card (not really recommended tbh) there are reports of additional bank processing charges with some TDs (not by the TDs, but your bank etc).

Lastly, I would recommend reading all the stickied threads in the FAQ section, before doing anything as they will explain the process end to end, letting you know what you can expect / not expect

Best of luck, pop your cherry and you'll find the hardest part is the waiting, but itll be worth it.

Do It Nike GIF by James Bond 007

DJImport909

13/7/22
VSF 126610LN was my first rep purchase about a month ago after years of lurking around the forums.

I was so happy with it I bought a second VSF watch (Seamaster) less than 2 weeks later.

Now I have fully got the bug and I'm looking at my third purchase which is going to be a Yachtmaster 40 I think.

My advice as above, just do it you won't be disappointed 😁 VSF make amazing watches

Reactions: Krazylegs5150

jp13abk

2/8/22
@Krazylegs5150 I'm in the same position as you are. It would be great if you would keep us up to date with your choices and purchase journey. Good luck!

jp13abk

2/8/22
Best of luck mate, I’m sure it’ll all go smoothly

Anyone4apint

11/7/22
I bought my first high quality rep recently, it sounds very dodgy sending unrecoverable money to a guy in China you don't know, but so long as you stick to a TD it will be fine mate.

Reactions: jp13abk

Acballer

Do not accept unsolicited offers
9/8/22
Recently placed an order but it's been a week with no response from the TD. They communicated well during the payment process but after payment was made the communication went down. Haven't seen any QC photos/videos yet. Order was made on July 28, 2022. Anyone ran into the same issue? I will post an update later.

jp13abk

2/8/22
Recently placed an order but it's been a week with no response from the TD. They communicated well during the payment process but after payment was made the communication went down. Haven't seen any QC photos/videos yet. Order was made on July 28, 2022. Anyone ran into the same issue? I will post an update later.
Hi @Acballer hope the purchase goes well mate. Which TD did you use?

Krazylegs5150

27/5/22
Naples, FL
It has been over 85 hours since I made a wire transfer to Puretime. They will not confirm payment even after I have contacted them. They pretty much told me to shut up and wait. Is this normal?

enduser

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/7/20
UK
If you placed the order through the correct Puretime channels (ie those identified in the TD section of RWI) you will be fine. Just relax - long waits are not unusual in this game.

Reactions: P..DR..D