• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Audemars Piguet SS Diver 2015 15710 "V1"

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
I have a question to someone with the V7. I am pretty much sold on the one at intime.co. Damn beautiful, and sooo close to the gen.

My question: Have you had it pressure tested? I am not going to take it diving, but I'm wondering how the water resistance is on these? I know that I shouldn't expect 200m, but wondering about swimming and what not. Maybe 30 feet max for free diving/snorkeling.

I really like this one over the noob because it does use an ETA movement. I'm willing to pay more for a swiss movement. If it ever goes wrong, I know that I can fix an ETA. Who knows about asian copy though.

Also, do you think that it is worth it to get the box and papers? I am not going to tell people that it's real, but I will also not tell them that it is fake. I merely tell them that I do not like to discuss money and they assume what they assume, but it might be useful to have the manuals for aesthetics.

The open case back ver is not the v7. V7 is a different model and comes with a closed back.

Go to a watch shop to test the water resist after you get it, take what he TD says on WR with a pinch of salt.

The noob uses eta movement too. Asia clone eta are fine, they work exactly like the Swiss counterpart and can be easily fixed. Don't waste your money on the Swiss movement as you may not get what u paid.

The box and paper are a waste of space.

Sent using Tapatalk

JDAIII

Looking Around
5/5/15
I'm not looking at the clear caseback. I have movements all over my desk. If I want to look at one, I can anytime.

I figured on the WR. I'm thinking that I can at least get it to be fine with basic 10m depth with some trial and error. Or I may get lucky and it will rate higher.

As for box and papers, I love that wood box.

jpohl402

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/7/12
I have a question to someone with the V7. I am pretty much sold on the one at intime.co. Damn beautiful, and sooo close to the gen.

My question: Have you had it pressure tested? I am not going to take it diving, but I'm wondering how the water resistance is on these? I know that I shouldn't expect 200m, but wondering about swimming and what not. Maybe 30 feet max for free diving/snorkeling.

I really like this one over the noob because it does use an ETA movement. I'm willing to pay more for a swiss movement. If it ever goes wrong, I know that I can fix an ETA. Who knows about asian copy though.

Also, do you think that it is worth it to get the box and papers? I am not going to tell people that it's real, but I will also not tell them that it is fake. I merely tell them that I do not like to discuss money and they assume what they assume, but it might be useful to have the manuals for aesthetics.

A lot of people swim with their reps out of the box. You can do so with some more than others. With an AP Diver you'd prob be alright. That said - I would not recommend it.
However, if you yourself, or a friend, or a local watchsmith - can open the watch up, grease/lube the seals/gaskets/and O-rings, then you'd definitely be fine!!
I (can't, not capable) of doing it myself but I always have it done on watches I swim with. There are numerous threads here on the subject. I think it's a type of silicone grease. From what I understand it's not a difficult project, and it's good to be able to perform small tasks such as this at home!
What a perfect way to learn, on a $400 rep! Can't really go wrong with that. If you mess it up so bad it's destroyed (NOT likely), it's still only $400 - just buy another, no big deal! Have fun with this hobby & welcome!
P.S. Please read read read all the stickies with information. What to do, what not to do, etc. When you think you're done reading, read some more!! (Like the rules, etc!) ENJOY! ;)

jpohl402

10/7/12
If u like the box, that's the answer.

Sent using Tapatalk

This... If you like it (for your OWN use only!) go for it I guess. On a sister rep forum to this one, talking about boxes is forbidden as people can get carried away with it being misleading, etc... Initially I thought a box was nice to have. Simply adds a bit to my personal "feeling/enjoyment" of the watch (or so I thought.) But that quickly wore off! Then I sold my boxes (here on RWI) and have ZERO need for them anymore - simply a waste of space & money - no thanks!

Next, your questions about Swiss movement. Noob factory also makes/sells/offers a Swiss movement option Diver. There are LOTS of threads on the subject. Often times the movements are OLD, DIRTY, LEFTOVER stock. Or in many other cases - Swiss parts combined with Asian parts due to availability. I.e. You don't know what you're getting/what you pay for. You may very well pay for a Swiss and receive an Asian. Not that our Trusted Dealers (TDs) are deceptive AT ALL - it just happens...!?
The Asian movements are plenty fine, honestly! Plus, they are often NEWER and also better oiled!! Take that for what you will. Have fun and again please read the stickies, bud.

P.S. Get the V7 (closed caseback!)

ciceroyeah

Renowned Member
8/8/13

I greased the gaskets on mine and have had it pressure tested, i believe he only did it to 150-200 feet, but it was totally watertight up to that point. Get a gen box on ebay, the rep boxes are crap and gen ones can be had for like $100-$150.

jjfesq

Known Member
13/5/08
FWIW I swim with my v 3.5 all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpohl402

10/7/12
FWIW I swim with my v 3.5 all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There you go, JDA. There are plenty of other peoples' tried & true testimonials as well, that swim with APDiver's right out of the box....

mark3

Renowned Member
27/7/14
has anyone bought this one or is everybody waiting for a V7 open caseback?

nimbus88

6/5/13
how's the V7 or V1 on bracelet? is the bracelet fluid or is it very stiff? Thinking about getting it as a gift for my brother.

hurk

The sound of barf
Supporter
Certified
10/5/11
Personally love seeing movements on watches.
Regardless of accuracy.
Just adds a little more of something for me.
Always wanted a ap diver and this is whats going to make me pull the trigger.

But i do have a limit w the wife so i must get rid of something first....

lmmo

Renowned Member
2/2/15
i never thought i would see the day that divers approaches the 400usd mark... seriously?

the pricing of these reps seems to follow the way tech storage companies price their goods....
start with the highest price to recoup investment costs and lower it as newer versions are released...

And what would be the reason for rep factories having a different pricing strategy? Doesn't the iPhone 5 gets discounted when iPhone 6 is introduced? Isn't the price of the iPhone 6 established to recoup investment costs? Reps are a business for the guys working on it, right?