• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Asking for Omega reviews after a few months usage

watchfiend

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/3/09
Hi everyone,

This is my first new topic posting so take it easy.

After a few months of lurking and reading as much as I could, I just purchased a 42mm Omega PO with the SS bracelet from WE. Depending on how this works out I plan to buy a few more Omegas! I can feel the addiction kicking in already...

Seems that I got the standard payment failure notice from WE so I sent a message to Sarah and will wait and see if anything appears in my credit card account. I've learnt after reading this forum that there's no point stressing and to just sit back, relax and wait to see what happens.

Anyway the reason for this topic is that I've read a lot of reviews about member's experience with dealers, buying, delivery, customs, rep quality etc, but I haven't seen much about how that rep is doing after a few months of usage.

So I'm curious to hear back from members who've bought an Omega from a recommended dealer, about how old it is and how that rep is doing.

I've only asked about Omega reps as I love these watches!

Cheers

madcatlancelot

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/08
Hi watchfiend,

Got my Omega PO from watcheden last Feb 09, it's been my daily workhorse. It's still as shiny as the first time I got it, keeps good time and runs very well. I've taken the PO in the swimming pool few times, and always wash it under a running tap water and so far no issues at all. :D :D :D

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=49824

madcatlancelot

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Since there is no standard in the rep world I'm sure you'll get reports of watches that lasted from a week to years. Fortunately they are disposble. In general if you take care of it you should get a decent lifespan out of it.

std3333

Horology Curious
11/3/09
i have a upo from a seller who is not in business anymore in a site called ioffer 3 months ago,i was actually looking for the real thing around the net when i bumped into it,it has been very good so far apart from the fact of a 30'' gain in a daily base,it is quite off putting given how good the watch feels and has been on my wrist so far but i guess a good movement service will do the trick...anyways i also have a pretty good zeno with a 2824-2 inside which gains 20'' per day but for some reason i expected the upo to be better(no logical reason but i suppose someone out there gets me :wink: )

Hogan

Renowned Member
26/1/09
I have an SMP since March, was my daily watch until I got a PAM. Then it became twice a week. I noticed that it would stop ticking if you were clapping or any quick wrist movement. Other then that it's been great.

smithy37

3/2/09
I bought an Omega SMP Chrono from Robert at Time4Direct. The watch is an Asian 7750 chronograph and I have had no problems with it. It is about 3 months old now and is very reliable. Keeps pretty good time too, and looks the nuts.....IMO!

The only problem I had with an old Omega PO I bought from a scam site was that the crown stripped. This can be a common problem on certain replica watches. For that reason I bought a watch winder and keep my SMP chrono on there when I do not use it. This can be a controversial decision, but it works for me.

I will comment on my franken Swiss UPO when I have owned it a little longer & the current issues are ironed out..... A very long story, so I won't go there yet!

nikomega

7/5/09
madcatlancelot said:
Hi watchfiend,

Got my Omega PO from watcheden last Feb 09, it's been my daily workhorse. It's still as shiny as the first time I got it, keeps good time and runs very well. I've taken the PO in the swimming pool few times, and always wash it under a running tap water and so far no issues at all. :D :D :D

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=49824

madcatlancelot

I purchased the same Omega PO (21j, 42 mm Black Rubber Strap) form WatchEden, which is described as "water-resistant". When i read your above mentioned swimming pool-experiences i also dared to submerge my Planet Ocean in the swimming pool for just a few seconds. The result was disappointing, condesate was clearly visible inside the watch. Luckily i could solve the problem with a hairdryer. Now i envy you for your better product. Well i will live with this little shortcoming or should i make a complaint? Except for the slow minute hand i`m really happy with the watch.
By the way your pics are of truly awesome quality and for sure a great help for everyone in this forum!

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
nikomega said:
I purchased the same Omega PO (21j, 42 mm Black Rubber Strap) form WatchEden, which is described as "water-resistant". When i read your above mentioned swimming pool-experiences i also dared to submerge my Planet Ocean in the swimming pool for just a few seconds. The result was disappointing, condesate was clearly visible inside the watch. Luckily i could solve the problem with a hairdryer. Now i envy you for your better product. Well i will live with this little shortcoming or should i make a complaint? Except for the slow minute hand i`m really happy with the watch.
By the way your pics are of truly awesome quality and for sure a great help for everyone in this forum!

I don't think you should send it back. There are almost not reps that can be submerged out of the box. Most would need mods to take in the pool. So, you still got what you paid for - i.e. you can probably wash your hands without issue.

nikomega

7/5/09
jmd33 said:
nikomega said:

I don't think you should send it back. There are almost not reps that can be submerged out of the box. Most would need mods to take in the pool. So, you still got what you paid for - i.e. you can probably wash your hands without issue.

Anyway i didn`t expect to get a waterproofed watch, at least not for that amount of money, but i would be very pleased if i had. Maybe one day i will be able to make such modifications by myself. A first funny mod could be a new engraved name on the back: "Planet Washbasin"

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
my wife and i love our po's i am wearing mine as we speak. d4me has these for 180.00 and that is cheap for this watch.

smithy37

3/2/09
hk45ca said:
my wife and i love our po's i am wearing mine as we speak. d4me has these for 180.00 and that is cheap for this watch.

Very nice watches HK45CA, it seems that ladies fashion is tending to favour larger watches these days. I bought my wife a black Omega Seamaster and she thinks it is too small. She has designs on my gen one!
:?

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
my first PO was from Narikaa. Loved it till the flaws got to me, so I sold it. But before I sold it, the clasp mushroom pin fell off and I had to crazy glue it on.

Got the Sead PO (although not directly from him) to replace Narikaas and love that one. However, the clasp pin fell off many times and I glued it back many times. It did not lock in place and I had to bend the clasp spring. A lume sticker off an hour marker also fell off and I had to open up the watch to glue it back on.

After a bit of glitches in the beginning, the watch is one of my best in my collection of 10 reps.