• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

as usuall unwanted gifts

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
hard to tell from the pics if the watch is gen but all the boxing and papers look so but then again, this picture can come from anywhere

murklemark

I'm Pretty Popular
28/7/10
Sounds a little too good to be true, if you knew the worth of the watch was 5000 - 6000 new wouldn't you atleast put a reserve on it or start the bidding at a higher price? But as you guys say you can't tell anything by that picture which looks a little too professionally set and has the watch hands at 10:10!

Happy bidding.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
No way a disinterested guy like this that can barely get himself to write up a sales listing and only posts 1 pic would have taken the time and effort to arrange the items in that shot, set the watch to 10:10 (something that someone who "isn't into watches" wouldn't know), and sheet it for an all white background. Plus, once he knows the true retail value of the watch, why would he only expect/want @50% for a brand new unworn one?
The pic is obviously not his, he is a scammer, and everything received, if anything, will be fake.

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
No way a disinterested guy like this that can barely get himself to write up a sales listing and only posts 1 pic would have taken the time and effort to arrange the items in that shot, set the watch to 10:10 (something that someone who "isn't into watches" wouldn't know), and sheet it for an all white background. Plus, once he knows the true retail value of the watch, why would he only expect/want @50% for a brand new unworn one?
The pic is obviously not his, he is a scammer, and everything received, if anything, will be fake.

+1

It looks fishy. I'd watch it just for fun, though. :whistle:

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
You'd think that someone that receives a Panerai as a gift from a family member in their will would speak (type) proper English. But that picture is straight off of a sales site.

gelyte

Renowned Member
14/3/10
Got pictures of the watch:

panerai292august2010016.jpg

panerai292august2010017.jpg

panerai292august2010018.jpg

:thinking:

CarbonRob

30/10/10
anyone fancing firing an email off to watches of switzerland? see if they can validate that stamp!

BADWIN BING

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/10
Nice work gelyte. It looks good to me......someone, hopefully, will get a good deal.

murklemark

I'm Pretty Popular
28/7/10
Well it sold for £1,716.66, so someone either got a great unused Panerai or totally ripped off.

gelyte

Renowned Member
14/3/10
Let me guess. Ripped off? Will check the seller's feedback in couple of weeks.

ilyayef

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/12/10
Let me guess. Ripped off? Will check the seller's feedback in couple of weeks.

If the buyer even bothers to go to an AD with it, today people are either too stupid or to lazy lol

I would know I used to be both heh

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Someone got a bargain I think guys, the serial # is genuine enough and matches the history. Nice pick up!

Col.

gelyte

Renowned Member
14/3/10
The item was re-listed with another seller, I made a bid and soon received a message from ebay:

We're writing to let you know that this listing for an item you won or bid on is no longer available:

260715454412 - Panerai Watch Boxed with paper work

We understand this may be disappointing, but occasionally we need to remove listings. In some cases, the item itself is fine, but was listed in a way that didn't follow eBay's guidelines.

scam