• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Are These GENS or REPS?

dylan

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/07
Nevada and California
How good are our Omega experts?

omegapair1.jpg

omegapair2.jpg

omegapair3.jpg

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
that's a tough call?

i will say PO is a rep? b/c of no AR and some funkyness with the clasp?

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
I'm going both are reps. On the SMP the hour marker next to the date is too thick and the 300m/1000ft is too close to the 6 hour marker. The Planet Ocean should have pretty significant AR coating and it doesn't show up in the pics.

Sean K

dave123

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/3/07
I know nothing about Omega,but am saying both are reps....you like your rep BCE's to much to have purchased gen Omega's,even though they probably cost about the same.... :lol:

Whats my prize,Dylan.... :|

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Hi Dylan,

I would say Gen dials and pearls. I would ask for coke bottle view. Do you think it is a good time to become a VIP? :D

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
The planet ocean is also a rep, the pearl is off, it should not go outside the triangle and the crown is to tall.

Sean K

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
seank1 said:
The planet ocean is also a rep, the pearl is off, it should not go outside the triangle and the crown is to tall.
Sean K

Good eye, I suck at this. The SMP dial looks like the closed factory dial, but I would still like a coke bottle view to be sure.

dylan

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/07
Nevada and California
Great responses guys!
I'll post the answers later tonight!

@dave: ha...i like your approach...trying to get inside my mind and love of BCEs to rationalize an explanation!
Prize? Drinks on me next time you hit up NYC!

dylan

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/07
Nevada and California
OK....drumroll please...

-SMP: Gen, I purchased it back in 2001/2002
-PO: 42 mm rep, with gen dial, gen hands, gen springbars, gen rubber strap (not shown), and gen pearl.
Everyone says the pearl is too big...that isn't so...its that the rep triangle is too small...so its a wonderful gen pearl on an inaccurate bezel insert.

Thanks for the wonderful responses! Its great to see a forum where its members are so active!

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
AH that's awesome. The SMP i couldn't tell - either a rep with pearl swap and good HE placement with nice bracelet or gen :D

but the PO was also hard to tell - the thing is i was very sure that PO's was pretty recent and had AR to boot. Then the clasp was interesting too, but i had a gen to compare :shock:

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Dylan,

Thanks for posting it! I really think you have two very nice watches. Are you thinking of a gen crystal for the PO? I think that would make a really big difference.

Cheers.

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
You know that just goes to show how different gens can be from year to year. I had gen pics next to both pieces and went over them with a fine tooth comb and the SMP dial was slightly different than the gen I was looking at. Maybe it was a rep? :wink:

Sean K

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
seank1 said:
You know that just goes to show how different gens can be from year to year. I had gen pics next to both pieces and went over them with a fine tooth comb and the SMP dial was slightly different than the gen I was looking at. Maybe it was a rep? :wink:
Sean K

I have wondered the same thing Sean. I have held in my hands 4 different genunine dials for the 2531.80 and there are variations on all of them in some degree or another. There was no exact twin. I am sure the cases are the same way. No matter how automated this business is or what volume you produce there is no way to get these to be the same year after year. This is good for reps.