• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Are all UPOs Created Equal?

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
Hi All,

My first ever rep was a POrikaa and it was exactly what I was looking for; an idea of quality vs. price for reps on a watch which I was familiar with.

I realised pretty quickly that I'd want a UPO, and have now sold my POrikaa, so am in a position to acquire one.

I've been around all the TD sites and have noticed a fairly significant variation on price, this raised the question "Are all the UPOs stocked by the TDs the same watch"?

I want a clone movement and standard bracelet so am wondering if there are any different versions (other than the Lite which I understand) out there which drive the various prices? Are some more Ultimate than the others?

Thanks,

Alex

D

d4m.test

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that the variation in price is only because some TD's have extra stock, while others do not. From what I gather, as long as it's a newer UPO with no happy feet and correct He Valve position, everyone has the same one.

That said, I guess I now realize that maybe some have happy feet or wrong He Valve, so maybe that's why they're cheaper. lol.

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
Thanks for that, from what I read I thought there was only one 'Ultimate' version, and I have been looking out for the He valve position and happy feet.

From emailing one dealer who has recently changed his prices, apparently the factory (Noob?) has just put up the price of the UPO, so he must have just restocked at the higher price which pretty much brings him into line with everyone else.

Thanks

thran

9/7/12
really, i had no idea that the noob factory makes the upo

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
I think the price mainly subjected to movement choice when the ultimate first came out I think it was 318.00 with Swiss ETA. some dealers offer an option for Asian ETA copy for around 240.00. There is also a cheaper 21j version but stay away if you want to mod your watch as the cheaper one is a little off in shape and detail compared to the gen

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
Thanks for the extra information, I'll be going for an Asian ETA and am just waiting for at TD to get back to me to place an order.