• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aqua terra blue hands

DR3M3L

TECHMIN
Advisor
27/10/14
Hello!. New here, and enjoying a lot the site!. I've read the FAQ's for newbies, very informative, BUT I have one question. I have been looking at the aqua terra with blue hands and markings, and there are (even within the same shop) two types: the $60 (with 21J movement; i.e.: http://www.timeshops.net/product.php?id_product=1662 ), and the $200 one, presumably with an ETA clone (i.e.: http://www.timeshops.net/product.php?id_product=711 )

Anyone has an idea of the real differences?. Is the expensive one worth the additional cost?.

Thanks!

tracyl

22/4/11
Depends on why you are buying the rep. If you just want to try it to see if it is right for your wrist, and if you like it you will buy the gen, then get the cheapest one. If you are planning on keeping it for many years and not buying the gen, then I'd say get the best quality one you can. Some think that the 21J is just fine, but let me tell you, I have a SMP 300 that was broke in a few weeks, and I've swapped the movement out twice because the replacement movement was crap. So right now, I still don't have a working watch, and I'm waiting on my 2nd movement. It takes about 1 hour to do the movement swap, but if I hose the keyless works in the process(easy to do on these 21j movements), then it quickly turns into a 3 hour job.

I have a swiss eta UPO(45mm) and it runs at +2 a day, and is rock solid. Very well worth $300. Good luck!

Member X

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/09
But, on the flip side, I've never had any trouble with a 21j but at least one of my Asian ETAs required changing for a new one... :p

It's hit and miss, it's the rep game, you just have to deal with it!

The ETA will have a more accurate, smoother sweep and most likely be better quality, but as above, get the 21j if you just want a cheapy to try :)