• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aqua Terra 41mm???

rhstranger

Horology Curious
11/6/13
Eagerly awaiting feedback from anyone who has handled the watch. Just looking for some reassurance before I drop $350....

GrimReaper

Known Member
2/5/13
Mine has these flaws, I tried to arrange them from biggest to smallest:
1. Movement has a loose rattling rotor. I tried to screw it more, but the problem is still here.
2. Turning the crown when setting time is rough.
The movement has problems that are not found even on cheapest movements like the DG2813 and ST6.
In the future, I will try to avoid "Swiss" movements from BP factory.
3. There are some tiny dents in the grooves of the dial, probably from machining. There are 11 altogether on mine, also two black spots, altough only 3 dents and 1 black spot are visible from normal distance.
So the dial is not as clean as it could be. And what is even more sad, even the Silix $35 one has a clean dial.
4. There is no AR whatsoever, like on CrPO 45mm.
5. Clasp is working fine, it is all good when closed, but when opened it is somewhat angled at the joints.
When clasp is opened and I put both sides of bracelet together, they are about 1mm apart. But when the clasp is closed, they come together just fine. So no big deal here.
6. Date wheel font is not bold on 1-9, like it should be.
7. Caseback is badly scratched from jaxa wrench, new one is already on the way from China.
Also there were two specks of dust on my caseback glass, one quite large, probably skin. Cleaned that already.
8. ADJUSTE DTO FIYE misspelling if you remove the caseback, or if you look at an extreme angle.
9. Crown was very dirty in the notches, had to use rodico to clean it.

But what I like very much are the blue hands. They are very gen like. That was my main concern.
And also everything else is gen like, apart from mentioned issues.

To conclude, I think the watch is too expensive for what you get. I should have just bought the Citizen Signature Grand Classic NB0040-58A.

GrimReaper

Known Member
2/5/13
Also what you need to know is that the bracelet is 10 times harder to adjust than the old 2500 Aqua Terra or PO or Submariner.
But after you are done resizing one, you become an expert. I myself haven't scratched anything (ok, one spare link out of 4), and I have very cheap screwdrivers that slip very easily.
Gen has the same way of adjusting, a pin in the middle and a screw on each side. But it is probably a little easier to adjust as the tolerances are higher.

madmole

Horology Curious
24/6/13
Mine is similar. Too much lume on indices, and a Swiss mech that randomly slows down and losses 20 mins. Also like a lot of Omega reps the stem is cut too short so its not disengaged when you screw it down.

Engraving on mech is terrible. A blind dyslexic must have done it

This weekends plan is a full service or swap it out for a Chinese copy 2836 to get it running properly, and scrape the indices flat

Why pay extra for rubbish mech just cos it came from Switzerland when a brand new Chinese copy is far betterand keeps good time

No AR on mine despite the description saying double sided, I'm going to replace the glass with Cousinsuk's version if available

Rest of case and face is very good indeed on mine. Bracelet is ok on mine, especially after some chain lube on it

Date wheel font is correct for the latest genuine AT's they have thin fonts, the early ones have thicker fonts

S

GrimReaper

Known Member
2/5/13
What I would give for a ST2130 movement.
But I am still at adjusting bracelets and regulating movements with the watch knowledge.
Replacing movement is in a whole different category.

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
Mine has these flaws, I tried to arrange them from biggest to smallest:
1. Movement has a loose rattling rotor. I tried to screw it more, but the problem is still here.
2. Turning the crown when setting time is rough.
The movement has problems that are not found even on cheapest movements like the DG2813 and ST6.
In the future, I will try to avoid "Swiss" movements from BP factory.
3. There are some tiny dents in the grooves of the dial, probably from machining. There are 11 altogether on mine, also two black spots, altough only 3 dents and 1 black spot are visible from normal distance.
So the dial is not as clean as it could be. And what is even more sad, even the Silix $35 one has a clean dial.
4. There is no AR whatsoever, like on CrPO 45mm.
5. Clasp is working fine, it is all good when closed, but when opened it is somewhat angled at the joints.
When clasp is opened and I put both sides of bracelet together, they are about 1mm apart. But when the clasp is closed, they come together just fine. So no big deal here.
6. Date wheel font is not bold on 1-9, like it should be.
7. Caseback is badly scratched from jaxa wrench, new one is already on the way from China.
Also there were two specks of dust on my caseback glass, one quite large, probably skin. Cleaned that already.
8. ADJUSTE DTO FIYE misspelling if you remove the caseback, or if you look at an extreme angle.
9. Crown was very dirty in the notches, had to use rodico to clean it.

But what I like very much are the blue hands. They are very gen like. That was my main concern.
And also everything else is gen like, apart from mentioned issues.

To conclude, I think the watch is too expensive for what you get. I should have just bought the Citizen Signature Grand Classic NB0040-58A.

Would you please post some pics. I am very interested in this watch.