• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

APROO "leaking" lume

astig

10/9/06
I have two rubberclad APROOs w/ secs at 12. The first one arrived flawless. The second arrived with scratches on the bezel. While I have been waiting for a better rubber bezel, the rubber seem to disintegrated on its own. Could it be the weather? I dunno. Anyway, about a month ago I have discovered that the lume has spread to the sides of the numerals. My first APROO hasnt shown any signs of the "leaking" lume. Anybody have the same problem? I will surely demand for a replacement on this one.

Sorry for the phone cam pics.

Photo020.jpg

Photo021.jpg

Photo024.jpg

midasmook

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/08
Never seen that before, You are right to want a replacement. Who did you buy them from ?

Time4Direct

Trusted Dealer (In Memoriam RIP)
Gold Patron
25/3/08
This is not uncommon most of the 1st batch of seconds at 12 with white dials had this problem. This has to be the worse watch at the money ever . Rubbish rubber bezels/steel bands that fall apart and now again leaky lume what a bargain at $500+ !!

D

d4m.test

Looks like glue to me... contact the seller asap...
Good luck... nice watch though!

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
How did I miss this thread? Not that this is a suprise to me as I have commented on the @12 Roo before. What pisses me off is the fact that the dealers knew this yet continued to sell them claiming they were all that and a bag of chips...

astig

10/9/06
I got the watch from hont. I think all the others sell the exact same piece anyway. hont has told me to send the watch back.

and yeah it is not lume but the glue. sorry for the confusion.

thank you everyone. I agree it is a very expensive watch. The rubber bezel sucks!!! I hope they have come up with a better one already.