• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ap sec@12, sec@6 WHAT?

entourage

Still New
21/12/09
I'm new to the forum I had a question regarding
all the talk about the movement 7750. What is everyone talking about
when they say sec@6 or sec@12? also i was reading talk about these being modded...

im sooo lost!? :)

help

chisin

Renowned Member
18/8/10
The standard 7750 movement has the chronograph/ stop-watch function. It has 3 subdials at the 12, 9 and 6 o'clock position. In the standard 7750 movement, the second hand (small seconds) is at the 6 o'clock sub-dial. Whereas I believe (experts, corrent me if I'm wrong), the gen AP ROO has it's second hand at the 12 o'clock position.

Since most of the AP ROO reps use the standard asian 7750, the second hand subdial is in the wrong location (it is at 6 o'clock, when it SHOULD be at 12 o'clock). So, for further accuracy to the gen layout, you'll need to have this modified.

mbjoer

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/09
The movement is basically constructed for seconds @ 9 but the Gen ROO has it @ 12.
The modification to achieve the more accurate looking sec @12 has been at the cost of reliability and as such there has been some unease about it.

For a basic, plausible and functional ROO you would ideally have the sec @ 9. However in their wisdom the rep-makers have decided to make the dial look as if the secs is at 12 when in fact it is at 9. On photos (where the running seconds is not visible) that looks gen-like, but in reality it is very noticable tell.

You do not need to know the layout of the dials on the Gen to tell that an AP with the seconds running in the wrong place is a rep.

So overall I would go for the sec @12 in spite of unreliability and price.

chisin

Renowned Member
18/8/10
Cr*p. Did I actually say the running seconds was at 6 o'clock? :picard: TWICE? :picard2:

That'll teach me to keep my mouth shut next time......

deloreandmc

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
23/10/09
Sec @ 12 is automatic movement with transfer plate.

Sec @ 9 is automatic movement without transfer plate.

Sec @ 6 is quartz.

entourage

Still New
21/12/09
very much appreciated...trying to learn all i need to know about audemars replicas

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
Cr*p. Did I actually say the running seconds was at 6 o'clock? :picard: TWICE? :picard2:

That'll teach me to keep my mouth shut next time......

just again, the A7750 movement has the running sec at 9, like the gen movement. with transfer gears you can move it to 12, 3 and 6. so depending on gen layout, this movement is used to repicate different watches, for example the Breitling blackbird, the IWC Portu, Rolex Daytona and of course the AP Roo.
Since about a half year the AP movement running sec at12 was improved by adding jewels to the transfer gears.