• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP ROO Safari - yay or nay?

jebus

Do not accept unsolicited offers
12/7/10
Hey guys - new to this hobby (only a couple of reps to my collection) and website but I'll get on with my question:

I want to get the AP ROO Safari. Here's what it should look like:
gallery_356_0.772.png

Do you guys think this is worth getting? As in, have they done enough versions of it to have any kinks ironed out, and is it considered a model of which there are accurate reps etc?

I also hear the asian 7750 movement may not have much lasting power as a seconds@12 due to gears getting worn etc. I'm not too keen on spending $500 on a watch that lasts a few months and cost several hundred dollars to replace! There is also some drama about the datewheel and the dial colour - think I'm gonna need some guidance here...

Anyway, I've found the watch at these websites:
$478 - http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/royal-oak-offshore-ultimate-ss-safari-update/
AP-2008-10-23-02-02_enl.JPG

$478 - http://asian7750.com/cn/product_show.asp?big_pid=&ps_id=132&P_id=1114&ti=
AP064b1.jpg

$584 - http://www.timeshops.net/AP0119_-_A...LT_-_ASIAN_7750_28800BPH_12_SEC_310017-40.htm
310017-40_sml1.jpg

Anyone have any thoughts on the price difference between the first two and timeshops? I have to say I think the timeshops one does look the best but I would love to have someone who even remotely knows what they're talking about help me out!

Also I've heard that really the best way to go about a watch like this is to contact a few sellers directly, like Hont etc. as they can get a better model/better price? Any ideas on who might be good to contact for an AP and what I should ask them when I get hold of them? Also is there any room to negotiate the price if contacted directly?

Ok - i think thats all I wanted to know. Sorry for tons of questions, but its better to spend the money properly the first time than have to buy it twice.

Thanks a lot for any help you can give me on these subjects!

jebus

deloreandmc

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
23/10/09
The price between the 2 dealers is just one charging more, they are the same watch.

The only faults I can spot on this watch without seeing it in person, is the crown is too high, the caseback too thick, but these are not unique to one model, they are on ALL APs

the movement can last a long time, if you give it heavy mods.

blingblingmanomano

Getting To Know The Place
2/5/10
I have this watch. Recently acquired from ReplcaMake. It is an impressive piece, and the movement for now is really good. I have been playing with the chrono grilling steaks etc.. There are abundant upgrade bands from apbands.com. Also, the word is that the seconds at 12 issue has been addressed. I also buy from Puretime, and would trust them as well.

There was NO LUME on this watch, (the lume pics on the websight are not accurate). I am going to have it modded, but, apparently luming black numerals and dials will not end up as bright as other lume jobs. This was a slight disappointment.