• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP ROO date window

HR911

Renowned Member
27/8/09
UK
I had the opportunity today to browse a few AD's and had a look at many AP ROO's.

The one thing that really stands out on the gens is the date window, but I don't mean the spacing of the window from the right put the actual depth of the window.

When you look at it, the date wheel looks really really sunken into the watch.

This is such an obvious tell for me, but how do they do it?....how can we replicate that look?

It has nothing really to do with AR'ing the cyclops, but there must be a way of putting a cyclops that will create that optical illusion?

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
Higher magnification on the cyclops? Maybe a 3 or somewhere around there

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
The reason it is deeper is that the DW is sitting on the movement and above is the piggy bag chrono add on. The rep is using a A7750, so the DW is higher. But looking at the rep comparing with the gen, I do not see much difference.

Dan_lie

21/10/10
I don't see much difference either, especially with a black dial and black date hole.

Imho i think the only major tell is the crown position and case back, we need to stop worrying about other flaws until these are sorted.

HR911

Renowned Member
27/8/09
UK
The reason it is deeper is that the DW is sitting on the movement and above is the piggy bag chrono add on. The rep is using a A7750, so the DW is higher. But looking at the rep comparing with the gen, I do not see much difference.

Thanks D,
Excellent explanation as always.
I'm actually not bothered about the other 2 flaws at all but in person the datewheel on the gen is really far down.

I'm patiently awaiting my Tour Auto.....the AP bands strap is ready!