• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP ROO Bracelet To Head Design IS A POS, Who made this??

jetrigger

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
16/12/07
As someone who buys a watch to wear ,not to keep on a shelf, or in a winder to look at,
When the bracelet came loose from the head on my AP ROO that I wear on an almost daily basis, I WAS LIVID.

The person who designed the fake two piece screws that hold the bracelet to the head needs to have their head examined.

This is not even a screw, more like a pipe cleaner with a tiny sleeve on it. That just FELL OUT!!
Having no luck of finding anything close to replace it and after several emails with Andrew, something about having to check with the maker.

I bit the bullet and had the case drilled a tiny hair and had an AP replacement set fitted on this watch now.

Was it worth 43.95 for the screw set, well, I seriously doubt the bracelet will fall off now.

This is the little piece of metal that was holding the bracelet on, notice there are NO threads of any kind on it, it just kinda sits in there. One on each side of the watch head.
1000041lr4.jpg

1000042ve4.jpg

After the case adjustment, the proper assembly was fitted.
1000044aj2.jpg

Back on the wrist where it should be.