• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP questions

Getting To Know The Place
6/11/10
Hi all,

I'm thinking about buying the AP rubberclad but have a few questions for all AP experts!

First, I was thinking to send it to a mod to replace the movement for a gen 7750, so my question is, will this work? And if it does work, will this fix the power reserve and second hand ticking between 45 and 60?

Will the gen 7750 have the second hand @12 or...?

finally, for all Offshore owners out there, have any of you had problems with the power reserve? And if the movt is modded (or replaced with something genuine), will the rubberclad be a trusty daily wearer?

Thank you all very much,

Dan_lie

21/10/10
Hi,

Ok im kinda new myself but im gonna give this question a go.

You can put a gen 7750 in it but you have to take the gearing plates and put it on the gen 7750 from the A7750 in order for the secs to be @12 as i think natural output on a 7750 is @9.

The problem is with the plates not the movement.

I have a rubberclad and it has given me no problems so far (touch wood) to my knowledge all the newer ones come with an added jewel that reduces friction.

Some people say the problem is with the gears not engaging properly but as i said ive had no problems so far.

Regarding the actual asian 7750, it seems it can do the job as good as an ETA as long as its a clean correctly oiled movement.

The power reserve on mine once fully charged is about 30ish hours but if your planning on using it as a daily beater i wouldn't worry about it to much.

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
To help you :

Swap with a gen 7750 is OK
Adding a jewel on the transfered gear of the seconds at 12 hand is mandatory too...

But you should ask to Guru who is doing all the mods on his AP...:biglaugh: