• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Juan Pablo Montoya or Ruben Barrichello?

Hamzouzz

I'm Unknown!!
28/10/10
Hi all,

This is the first post I do and would like some help on getting one of these 2 AP's.

I like both AP's (I have a slight preference for the Juan Pablo Montoya, but still undecided), but my main concern is if they will work in the long term. I keep reading about problems with secs@12 then I read that they have added a jewel or somthing like that to make it work. Also there are a few dealers who have this watch and I'm undecided which one to go for, I've been looking at Precious Time, Pure Time and Marvellous Replica. I live in the UK so dunno which dealer would be the best for me, and which one has the best quality.

If someone could help me out and tell me if these AP's are gonna work in the long term and if this secs@12 issue is sorted out or not, and which dealer would be the best to go for I would be very grateful.

Thank you

SilverEdge

Known Member
29/10/10
also researching this question! I really like the montoya with display back/blue dial. yet pieces I've researched run in the USD $500-600 range which is a fair amount if it breaks easily.

any members have one that is holding up? TIA

Dreadleg

Still New
23/9/10
Am in the same boat as you and in the uk as well. The gold Montoya is appealing to me

alanytical

Getting To Know The Place
18/8/07
Had both, kept the Montoya. Never had a problem with the 4 Secs@12 I bought.

11.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

mt666tm

Renowned Member
2/2/10
I vote JPM... the carbon inlays and display caseback are so nice.

Rubens is nice too, but the lack of real skeleton dial is annoying, unless you do a faceplate mod

Dreadleg

Still New
23/9/10
Man that Montoya looks even more incredible now. The carbon on Rose gold just does it for me. How is the quality of the carbon also how resistant is the build quality to general knocks and scraps.

Would you also mind telling me which dealer you got it from. I'm ready to buy one I the new year and need it to the uk with no customs hassles

alanytical

Getting To Know The Place
18/8/07
Simple answer is don't plan on knocking and scraping the RG Montoya. It's a flashy watch and not something to wear on a daily basis IMO. It's definitely a keeper.

Most dealers have this available. I've shopped almost all trusted dealers without any major problems.

Hamzouzz

I'm Unknown!!
28/10/10
Thanks a lot for the info and the nice pics too. Well now its sure I'm getting the JPM rose gold.

Now just trying to make up my mind on either the Hublot Black Magic or the Chopard Mile Miglia Chrono GT XL with grey dial (I'm leaning more towards the Hublot), so that I can have a watch for everyday use and the AP for special occasions. I will place my order sometime this coming week.