• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP JF 15400 Rose Gold - Blue Dial - Color Problem!

Frantasiland

Horology Curious
26/11/18
Hi guys!
I bought 1 year ago a AP JF 15400 Rose Gold - Blue Dial, but now the color become yellow! Do you know the problem? How I can fix it? Where I can buy a better replica of the same watch?

Thank you so much

F.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Been read a lot of time to stay away from gold rep, it's kinda insane how the color went from rose to yellow.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Dont buy gold reps even the "real" gold ones are not that good. I don't believe it btw. real gold would be much more expensive.

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
I just got the new JF V5 in rose gold and the color of the gold in some angles is too orange / copper like. Hope that in a few weeks it turns a bit brighter and more yellowish like yours. :)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I red there are real gold wrapping replica. It's a good idea?

In this hobby, do not believe for a moment that there are any gold wrapped AP reps. There are none. Read up on gold wrapping and you’ll understand it costs a lot more than hundreds of dollars.

The color and weight of gold AP reps are jokes and even if you can get the color right, the weight will always be a tell for gold plated reps, each time you pick up or remove the watch.
Try to stick to stainless steel ones unless you really like the look of gold without the substance within.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk