• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP JA Tourbillon Rep mini review

gran

Known Member
16/5/06
AP Jules Audemars True Flying Centre Tourbillon Replica mini review

This watch is a superb example of chinese replica horlogerie at its summit, both technically and aesthetically.The factories has created a stunningly beautiful luxury-like timepiece for the most discriminating of replica collectors and aficionados. It is a beautiful watch and very well made.

Comparison to a genuine is not really useful as it lacks several functions in the most similar genuine model the Audemars Piguet Jules Audemars Tourbillon Minute Repeater Chronograph watch

drgransaptourbillion1.jpg

drgransaptourbillion2.jpg

Movement PTS 3310 (Centre Flying Tourbillon Handwind 40 hour power reserve)

b]Tourbillion in my watch moves like in this youtube video[/b]

http://www.youtube.com/user/KultuhrTourbillon

However there is a slightly different shape to the tourbillon cage on the AP replica

Beat 28.800bpm

Functions: Hours, Minutes, 24 Hour indicator and true Centre Flying Tourbillon

CASE DIAMETER: 42mm (Evaluation: Relatively large size is a big pluss)
THICKNESS: 12.5mm (Evaluation: very reasonable thickness)
DIAL COLOR: White Dial, Roman Markers (Evaluation: Exellent size and look)
CASE MATERIAL: Solid Stainless Steel 316L, 1 (Evaluation: High quality)
Strap: Leather Strap with Buckle insignia (Evaluation: average quality)
FRONT CRYSTAL: Sapphire Crystal (Evaluation: very solid and of high quality. As good as it can get)
BACK GLASS: Display Caseback (Evaluation: sufficient quality) With Detail Engraving (Evaluation: Superbly done but unfortunately engraving mentions functions not present in watch)
BEZEL: Polished Bezel (Evaluation:Excellent finish)
HACK MOVEMENT: No (no seconds so really no point in hack)
Water Resistant: Yes according to producer but can pigs fly

Dealer: Mary

Price:Should be less than 530USD (Evaluation: Best price possible for this level of quality Tourbillon watch. Note that price of genuine swiss tourb is often over 100.000USD )

Accuracy has not been tested for more than 8 hours in my hands but seem to be sufficiently accurate. Likely +/- 15 seconds a day but this need to be verified

Conclusion: I am happy with this gorgeous watch and with the service from Mary

Happy Timekeeping
Dr.Gran

Closest looking genuine A

26050PT.OO.D002CR.01.jpg

There is also a AP chronograph that is quite similar and that the replica is meant to imitate

26084bc.zz.d056cr.01.jpg

wachuko

Getting To Know The Place
22/6/10
What vendors carry this watch?

And a photo of the gen for comparison:

trcr_small.jpg

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
looks like a nice one

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
not the kind of watch some wiseass will try to call you on...wear it confidently- who has ever seen the gen often enough to know that this fine piece is a rep.

zub3qin

Still New
3/8/10
Do rep tourbys like this actually last or do they die out in a short time?
If they do die, is the watch itself dead also, (ie are they two separate independent mechanisms, or are they related- if one goes so does the other)?

Aipom

Getting To Know The Place
18/6/10
Also curious....

Who is Mary? Where can we pick up a watch like this?

RRFAN

Still New
1/11/07
nice review, you should get a better strap for it though as the rep one will never do it justice!

Pix

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
I love the Chinese Tourbillons, they really managed something special and for 500-600 bucks you feel you have an exceptionnal watch.
Indeed, it's a pity they mention wrong features, a neutral caseback would have been enough. And actually I wonder if my next tourbi won't be an unbranded one... It makes sense for such jewels, they feel gen per se.