• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP FC Diver V6 comparison. Need help.

J0n4s

Horology Curious
2/3/19
Deutschland
Hello together,

I have the following issue: I purchased the following watch: AP FC Diver JF V6. It just arrived and I was happy for a couple of hours. Then, I had the opportunity to compare it to another JF V6 Model (a friend of mine's) and I realized, that they are totally different in Caseback and Bezel brushing at least. As I am not a pro in the rep game, I couldnt tell by only looking at mine without comparison to a "real" V6. Then I did my homework (unfortunately too late) and checked other Factory models. And the Model I received looked more like the XF V2. Am I right (The bezel brushing looks similar to mine at least)? I post some photos so you guys can put your more trained eyes on it - please let me know. Perhaps, its just like it is and there are some tolerances in production.
Thanks in advance!!
Pictures here: https://picr.me/image/VcAlS0
https://picr.me/image/VcAgQF

J0n4s

Horology Curious
2/3/19
Deutschland
And in any way: would you keep it? Or what do you think of the XF V2 compared to the JF V6?
Thanks!

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
your friend does not have a jf v6, its likely inferior jf v3 or v4. the unknown version is better in all aspects. probably the latest xf v2.
does your watch have a 2836 movement? does date flip instant or drag slowly to mid night

there is plenty info on the FC divers. do some more reading.

Reactions: legend

J0n4s

Horology Curious
2/3/19
Deutschland
your friend does not have a jf v6, its likely inferior jf v3 or v4. the unknown version is better in all aspects. probably the latest xf v2.
does your watch have a 2836 movement? does date flip instant or drag slowly to mid night

there is plenty info on the FC divers. do some more reading.

Thanks for your answer. The watch on the left has at least been sold by a TD as a JF V6 for sure, so I was going to think it should be a Miyota 9015 - but ofc we did not open it up yet. If it is a proper JF V6, I cannot assure. Date does not flip instantly, so probably no 2836 movement. As I said, I am sorry, but I am still new to this - but willing to learn. And I did my reading, but I couldnt find anything fitting to my issue. Btw. there has been a release of the XF V3 recently. Could it be this one?! I dont know. I am still accumulating data and learnings, pls give me some time :).

J0n4s

Horology Curious
2/3/19
Deutschland
Oh, I forgot to mention: the "mystery" watch dateflips immediately, so probably XF V2 or V3.