• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Chrono Ceramic 30th Anniversary ROO - New Release.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
It’s hard to unsee.
It is somewhat funny that members are pointing out the various flaws but ignoring the elephant in the room.
The 26238 visual frontal differences vs the 26170/26470 are:

- sec@6 VS sec@12
- symmetrical subdial spacings vs asymmetrical ones
- date window position
- date depth position
- date font and size

So it’s wrong for the factories to list them as an “A4404” when they don’t even try to get the running seconds to be at the correct position. This they can definitely do, it’s the same as shifting the A7750 natural sec@9 to 6 instead of 12. Even better, the subdial positions should be correct and same for the date window position. The datewheel font is nothing different to replicate.
My point is that if the factory is spending time to churn out the 26238 reps and trying to make the correct dials and straps and whatnot, why ignore all the primary features of the 26238 ROO series? AP has shifted the sec@12 to the sec@6 for ROOs and not every member seems to have grasped this fundamental change. For me, this needs to be replicated first and then the rest of the features will follow naturally. I would argue that the 26238 is easier to replicate given the non modular movement (no sunken datewheel), the natural equidistant subdial spacings of the A7750 movement and the date window position. It seems that AP has ironically made the 26238 ROO easier to replicate than the 26470/26170 ROOs. The rest are a matter of visual replication like date font or color etc.

So as long as the 26238 replica does not feature a second @6, I won’t advise anyone to purchase it unless one is really into the color scheme of the fantasy watch.

trtr

Renowned Member
10/3/13
Gen is a sec@6 movement and has equally spaced subdials.

A lot of members forget or miss that.

Thank you for this, totally missed the space sub dials, I guess I was just so excited to see a ceramic 42mm.

Appreciate the knowledge and education as always.

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
It is somewhat funny that members are pointing out the various flaws but ignoring the elephant in the room.
The 26238 visual frontal differences vs the 26170/26470 are:

- sec@6 VS sec@12
- symmetrical subdial spacings vs asymmetrical ones
- date window position
- date depth position
- date font and size

So it’s wrong for the factories to list them as an “A4404” when they don’t even try to get the running seconds to be at the correct position. This they can definitely do, it’s the same as shifting the A7750 natural sec@9 to 6 instead of 12. Even better, the subdial positions should be correct and same for the date window position. The datewheel font is nothing different to replicate.
My point is that if the factory is spending time to churn out the 26238 reps and trying to make the correct dials and straps and whatnot, why ignore all the primary features of the 26238 ROO series? AP has shifted the sec@12 to the sec@6 for ROOs and not every member seems to have grasped this fundamental change. For me, this needs to be replicated first and then the rest of the features will follow naturally. I would argue that the 26238 is easier to replicate given the non modular movement (no sunken datewheel), the natural equidistant subdial spacings of the A7750 movement and the date window position. It seems that AP has ironically made the 26238 ROO easier to replicate than the 26470/26170 ROOs. The rest are a matter of visual replication like date font or color etc.

So as long as the 26238 replica does not feature a second @6, I won’t advise anyone to purchase it unless one is really into the color scheme of the fantasy watch.
What he said…

Reactions: legend

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
What he said…
I Agree Yes Yes Yes GIF by Tracey Matney - Victory Points Social

🤪

Reactions: legend

AAH1483

Certified
5/12/12
I guess they tried and failed.

Last edited:

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
They maybe failed but at least they tried.

1st they should work on the movement
2nd I don't understand why they have to make such hands base so large lol

It would be a headache for a modder to convert the sec at 12 to sec at 6 ?, if I recall some rep already run some 7750 with sec at 6?

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
It won't happen. Look at the AP ROO's. It's been over a decade and the date window is still in the wrong location. A neophyte would think that would have been an easy fix and it never happened. The demand for all those models was much larger than this.

Reactions: TheDonSL and legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
It won't happen. Look at the AP ROO's. It's been over a decade and the date window is still in the wrong location. A neophyte would think that would have been an easy fix and it never happened. The demand for all those models was much larger than this.
For the 26170/26470 date window can never be in the correct position as long as the A7750 movement is used.
But for the 26238 there is a good chance the A7750 can give the correct date window position given that it’s positioned more to the right now + the datewheel is non sunken now. The rep makers should be capitalizing on this and using the sec@6 movement (same one they used in the iwc reps and the older daytona reps) and make a much more convincing 26238 rep. They can do it I think but is just not doing so due to demand or laziness.

Reactions: TESLA760

Yug94

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
24/3/21
Very nice rep. Only maybe the hand base a little too wild!