• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP 3120 Keyless works

WatchNoobs

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/9/22
Hi everyone!

I was swapping cases today. Took out the crown did the swap but when I put the crown back I couldnt wind or set date/time. I suspect I might have messed up the sliding pinion and then the keyless works. Is there a guide or tutorial to get this fixed? Been trying to reposition the sliding pinion and the winding pinion without any luck. Cheers!

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
You will need to take off the top plate, there are 2 pinions and a tiny spring, that likes to snap out of place. I've had this happen several times on several types of rep and moded movements. Don't have a tutorial tho.

Reactions: WatchNoobs

WatchNoobs

1/9/22
You will need to take off the top plate, there are 2 pinions and a tiny spring, that likes to snap out of place. I've had this happen several times on several types of rep and moded movements. Don't have a tutorial tho.
Sounds very annoying haha. Thanks for your input ill give it a go.

WatchNoobs

1/9/22
@WatchNoobs Did you take out the stem in time-setting or winding position?
Hi sir! I took it out in time-setting. I tried to play aroudn with it but i still couldnt manage to get it fixed. the yoke is in place, the spring is also in place. The problem i see is that the yoke doesnt move when the sliding pinion moves, i feel like im probably doing a very noob mistake here because everything else seems to work fine just that the way im putting it back is probably the wrong way. Any advice? Thanks a lot!

• Wow
Reactions: jkrw247

WatchNoobs

1/9/22
Hey @WatchNoobs did you get this sorted? I may have done something similar...
Hello sir! Unfortunately same. I spent quite some time trying to fix it but I couldnt. The stem still loose and it doesnt change position. Let me know if you manage to
Fix it!

kidcreole

Supporter
Certified
27/7/13
Ok I’ve parked it for today. I’ll try again during the week.