• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP-15400 Real or fake??

scottamc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/11/10
The backstory of WHY or HOW i have this watch in my hands is irrelevant, other than...no clue if fake if from TD or not...or 2..could it be real. Thoughts on fake vs real?

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
The quality of the engraving on the rotor screams poor fake, you should be able to tell the instant you pick it up purely by the weight whether it's solid gold or plated

Troklo

23/12/15
If you think that's real I have some magic beans you might be interested in ;)

scottamc

3/11/10
haha.. I assumed so, but im terrible at telling the difference. I guess that is case in point how 99.4% of pop has no idea that the reps most of the people here wear are real or fake unless they are extreme expert in that one particular watch you're rocking. And we get so caught up in the micro micro nuances that most people would have no clue anyway.

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
Movement, back screws, bracelet etc all dead giveaway :)

Looks like a 50-100 USD Rep. I'd call it out instantly if I see someone wearing this, better go with JF that's hard to spot on wrist haha

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Movement, back screws, bracelet etc all dead giveaway :)

Looks like a 50-100 USD Rep. I'd call it out instantly if I see someone wearing this, better go with JF that's hard to spot on wrist haha

It is like case of the one-legged guy ridiculing the legless dude in the wheelchair.
JF or canal street rep, both are not gen, and both are cheap replicas. Why the segregation?
JF may be harder to spot on the wrist, but like that rep which OP posted, it will never pass for gen if you know where to look.

Reactions: Allure and QueTip

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
It is like case of the one-legged guy ridiculing the legless dude in the wheelchair.
JF or canal street rep, both are not gen, and both are cheap replicas. Why the segregation?
JF may be harder to spot on the wrist, but like that rep which OP posted, it will never pass for gen if you know where to look.

LOVE the analogy bro

Reactions: legend

yongsum

Supporter
Certified
3/6/19
I am pleased to say even I can spot this fake immediately.
And touche to why segregate.
To go further, the guy wearing a $100k PP isn't necessarily a better human being than the one wearing a $100 Bulgari

Reactions: Teris and legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I am pleased to say even I can spot this fake immediately.
And touche to why segregate.
To go further, the guy wearing a $100k PP isn't necessarily a better human being than the one wearing a $100 Bulgari

I agree with you. Watches are just personal choices, like cars and clothes and anything material actually.
The worth of a person should always be independent of his material assets, or lack of such, IMHO.

Reactions: Allure

scottamc

3/11/10
agree highly with those last few statements referencing the people. I know some ammmmaazing human beings that barely have the wealth to buy a $500 rep as a consumable good. And the opposite description of some that could afford all these gens and then some.

Its been fun getting involved in this community though and getting to taste some of the "good life" with some of these super cool reps. Because i like them and not because i need to floss as the young kids say

Reactions: legend

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
idk how that could be confused as a gen with that movement

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
This AAA type of AP is part of a new wave of 15400. Quality is acceptable for the price of around €90. The movement is cringy to wind imo. Factory N8 makes a better version with a decorated movement plate.
I agree, not everyone can afford JF versions all the time