• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anything glaringly wrong with these two reps?

sweet

14/4/07
Silix Planet Ocean has slightly shorter hands than ultimate. Dial fonts are wrong.

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
The Silix SMP is the same rep that all the rest of the dealers carry with the same flaws. HE valve is in the wrong place. Wave pattern isn't great. There may be a missing marker at 3:00.

Here's a recent thread kind of talking about it:
http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtop ... hlight=smp

Now, all that being said, I ordered the SMP from Silix and couldn't be happier. Really is a beautiful watch. If you read up on it, this watch has a really bad reputation for having these flaws. But I have to tell you-- I think all that stuff is overblown and a bit nit-picky. Unless you've got a gen side-by-side with it, you're probably not going to be called out. And with the HE valve placement, you're talking about a question of .1 to .2 mm off. It's not like the gen has the HE valve at 12:00 and the rep put it at 9:00 or something. And if you've got a smaller wrist, I think the SMP may be a better watch for you than the Planet Ocean. I have dainty and delicate 6.5" wrists, and, while I really like it, I find my 42.5 PO to be extremely heavy in comparison to the SMP. If you have larger wrists, however, I'd go with the 45mm PO. The SMP is only about 40mm. It's slightly larger and heavier than a Sub, but they're comperable.

monty77

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/5/07
Thanks all :)

...I'm actually after both. Will def go for the SMP unless someone knows of another supplier who can do it at a better price, didn't know the PO wasn't as good as the 'utlimate' .. where's the best place to get one of those? Pref with a rubber 22mm strap?

Cheers,
Adam

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
I've found that Silix is usually hard to beat for price. Ruby is the only dealer that comes close. With the SMP, wherever you go, you're probably going to get the same exact watch, so just look to make sure you get the best price. Silix sometimes will cut the price a little on some of his older models, and he may give you a slight discount on the SMP.

The PO is a different story. If you're looking for the 42.5mm, Silix's watch is the same as the other dealers, and much cheaper ($150 with ETA). Silix's new 45mm, however, is different than Josh's and Andrew's Ultimate. You'll need to make the decision as to whether the differences between Silix's 45mm and the Ultimate are worth the price difference.

Other thing you may want to look at is Josh's and Andrew's so-called Ultimate Lite. Basically the same as the Ultimate, but with an Asian movement instead of an ETA. It's a lot cheaper, and it's gotten some very good reviews.