• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone using a Scootty Cameron Monterey?

Css1001

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/11/12
I was going to buy one for my 13 yr old...he has been putting with one at out local golf shop and says this is the putter for him. Anyone with experience with this putter?

jsnowball81

Renowned Member
26/12/11
I have the del mar and love it. I had a nice never compromise for years and made the switch. No looking back for me. Plus you have the added bonus that Cameron putters hold a pretty nice resale value if he changes his mind down the road.

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
Putters are only good if they feel right. If it does to him, it's a great putter.

If a $10 used blade feels right, use that. ;)

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
Putters are only good if they feel right. If it does to him, it's a great putter.

If a $10 used blade feels right, use that. ;)

+ 1000

Scotty Cameron Putters are really well made products. I find them too pricey (esp. for a 13 y. old). At that age they try out so much stuff. He´ll change his mind for sure in the near future again. (I like had 4 or 5 putters within the last 10 years me thinks)

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
Put one of these on pretty much any putter and putt better. Seriously the best thing I ever did.

Super_Stroke_lg.jpg

Css1001

14/11/12
Thanks guys....He made the High School golf team captain position this year so I wanted to get him somethng special....He grabs this SC Monterey everytime we go to Edwin Watts or Dicks Sporting goods. He keeps saying he is going to save his money this spring and buy one.....Well after today, he can spend that on a new driver if he wants because I went ahead and bought it today. My wife wants to personalize it BUT...... like someone mentioned, they do hld their value and that would kill it on a resale.

Also guys, I typed 13 years old, he is 14...in the 9th grade now. He is growing up so dang fast.....!

-C

Css1001

14/11/12
Hey, some may laugh at that BUT.....I tried one at Myrtle Beach a few weeks back and was shocked!.... They putt very well and have great control. They had this grip on an Oddysey blade.

QUOTE=frigpig;1234027]Put one of these on pretty much any putter and putt better. Seriously the best thing I ever did.

Super_Stroke_lg.jpg
[/QUOTE]