• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone got a clue what's these are? Observation towers in Thailand?

notAreplicant

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/6/19
I am unable to find any information on these but my guess is they are some sort of obsolete observation towers.
These 2 found within a couple miles from the coast in developing zones

rolex4me

often nice, sometimes evil😜
Supporter
10/4/16
hmm, it could be an outdated radar tower for receiving sea images. That would also explain why they are stationed so close to the sea. (but that's just a guess)

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
Water tower…..
Who Knows Yes GIF by Bounce

Reactions: rolex4me and eBoy

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
I asked someone who was born in Thailand: "Water Tower. Every village needs to have one."

Apparently still in use. I just wonder if that's just for emergencies, because they sure as heck don't look like they carry a lot of H2O. 😂

GMT+9Tokyo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/1/20
Germany
Water tower in my town:

mannheim-wasserturm.jpg

You're right. The resemblance to the ones in Thailand is shockingly uncanny. 🥴
Oh, common, I am sure there are modern water towers in Mannheim as well. Atleast they have one thing that's not ugly in this city 😉

• Haha
Reactions: eBoy

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Oh, common, I am sure there are modern water towers in Mannheim as well. Atleast they have one thing that's not ugly in this city 😉

You got me! 😂

If you know the region, perhaps you know the little village "Altrip" that has a ferry connection to Mannheim-Neckarau?

Their historic water tower is still in use, (I believe)... if not, it was at least until the late 90s. But I think it indeed still is....

IMG-1738.jpg

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Atleast they have one thing that's not ugly in this city 😉

Hey, the area behind the tower is not that bad.

But yes, not a crown jewel like Heidelberg.

But still better than what's on the other side of the Rhine river. Absolutely most hideous, most unattractive city in Europe: BASF City. 😂

rolex4me

often nice, sometimes evil😜
Supporter
10/4/16
You got me! 😂

If you know the region, perhaps you know the little village "Altrip" that has a ferry connection to Mannheim-Neckarau?

Their historic water tower is still in use, (I believe)... if not, it was at least until the late 90s. But I think it indeed still is....

IMG-1738.jpg
oohh Altrip,
it brings back a lot of memories from the 90s.
I used to be (when I was young) in the 1% scene and in Altrip there were always the best meetings of what was then the largest MC in Germany (which is now one of the largest in the world).

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
Those are elevators the builders of the pyramids used to get from the ground to the entrance hatch of their starships. They were left behind when they left and took off and later secretly transported to Thailand by other Aliens who transformed them into science labs to study abducted humans until this day.

They cleverly disguised them as "water towers" and this myth keeps everybody calm ever since.

• Haha
Reactions: eBoy

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Monnem. Way too expensive to build like that today.

You are not from Kaiserslautern, right?

Because the only rule is that people from KL aren't allowed to use "Monnem". 😆

• Haha
Reactions: Plaasbaas

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
oohh Altrip,
it brings back a lot of memories from the 90s.
I used to be (when I was young) in the 1% scene and in Altrip there were always the best meetings of what was then the largest MC in Germany (which is now one of the largest in the world).

Oh, I remember them vividly.

I once drove a bit too quick over the dam when there was a Bones MC meeting and they had their Harleys parked all over the place.

I swear, it wasn't even THAT fast, but apparently they didn't like it and the look they gave me was like someone staring through my soul (Admit it, that was you! 😆).

The next time I was passing through with pedestrian speed. Let's just say, those weren't the kind of gentlemen you wanted to enrage or have on your bad side. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: rolex4me

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
PS: In hindsight, I regret being scared of them and not partying with them back in Altrip. 😂

I now know MC guys in Thailand and they are the most honorable, most laid back and also the most reliable folks you could imagine. I'm sure they have bad apples among them, but the good ones make sure that Civilians like me aren't bothered by them. Double win-win. 😆

Reactions: rolex4me

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Last thing we need on RWI is an FCK - Waldhof war. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: Plaasbaas